Ch60: The Circle

"Stop messing with me, Eel," I rolled my eyes, as I slowly stood to my feet, "We both know you can't stomach killing me. Remember the last time?"

While I pretended to be brave, I was trembling. I was scared of the Eel. Especially since he killed me in that world I saw. What was that world? Was it the future? Regardless, it demonstrated that he had the ability and perhaps I wasn't safe as I thought.

The Eel smirked, "I'm at my full power. I don't need you anymore." His costume was honestly nauseating - the black was dark as coal and the white was as bright as I imagined heaven to be. Mix heaven and hell together and it was unbearable.

"Well, Felix does," I said, as I began to step away. The metal bridge creaked when my foot made contact.

"With both halves of me, he's been fully suppressed. See," he said, drawing his claw against my cheek. He cut the flesh and ran his finger down a straight line, trickles of blood following. It hurt! It hurt so much! Felix would have never been able to do that! I waited for the Eel to have a reaction. Nothing happened. Why wasn't the Eel vomiting now? Had Felix abandoned me - unable to hold back this insane spirit?

The Eel grabbed my arm, and began staring at my neck. I swallowed hard, trying to redirect my fear into energy to run. My choices were fight, flight, or freeze. Out of all of them, flight was my best option.

Fight equaled death.

Freeze equaled death.

But he already had a hold on me, his claws digging into my arm. How could I escape? Felix's body was way stronger than mine. Without my powers, I was just a girl with little to no muscle. At this point, all I had was my mind. It was the only thing that could save me now. Or could it?

"What did I see in that other world? Where was I?" I asked, "Why is it a secret?"

"Nothing you saw will come to pass," He muttered.

"It wasn't the future?" I asked, wiping some of the blood off my face and onto my tank top. It looked like paint for some reason.

He frowned deeply, before chuckling. Then he snapped his fingers, "Behold."

✧*̣̩⋆̩☽⋆゜✧*̣̩⋆̩☽⋆゜✧*̣̩⋆̩☽⋆゜✧*̣̩⋆̩☽⋆゜

The Eel and I stood in the middle of the dark universe - the same place I'd just experienced by myself not so long ago. Flashes of light spun around us like a horizontal Ferris wheel. It was dizzying and I almost lost my balance, before the Eel placed his arm around me.

"Look close," he said, pointing.

I strained my eyes, attempting to see whatever it was I was supposed to. The images and flashes moved fast. All I could see were moments of Felix as a child. The playground scene. Scenes with Luka and I ...kissing on a bridge. Scenes of Chat Noir and Ladybug dancing on the Eiffel Tower. Scenes that never happened. Moments that weren't real.

When I looked away, my head was spinning.

"What is that? I don't remember any of that," I coughed.

The moment of both Felix and I dying flashed, twirling around me like a movie I couldn't escape. It was engulfing me. Watching Felix's body fall to the ground lifeless. Watching me die. It was all fake. The Eel was trying to scare me. Maybe none of that was even real.

The Eel clasped his chest, "I'd never been more afraid. When he died."

"I ...I don't understand," I choked.