Cathexis

Captain Janeway is taken over by what they presume is the alien, Tuvok yells out "Stun her! She's the alien!" He takes a punch from her, before Paris readied his phasor and shoots her. They watch as she hits the ground. The alien kept jumping from person to person, so Tuvok reconfigured his phaser to stun everyone at the same time. Tom and Harry were the first to wake up, so Tuvok left and went to engineering. The two friends saw that something wasn't right, when they saw the captain still unconscious. They rushed over to her and noticed that she didn't look good. Tom spoke up and asked "Harry, find my phaser and check what it's set at?" Harry responded "Yeah!" Tom ran and grabbed the medkit that was behind the tactical station. He scanned her with the medical tricorder and told him "She has internal bleeding, a minor concussion, and 3 bruised ribs." Harry ran to find his friend's phaser.

Tom glanced to see that Harry had just picked up his phaser when suddenly he heard a *thump* resonate from behind him. "What's the matter Harry?" Paris asked in a frustrated tone. The only thing Harry could do was show him, so he scooped it off of the floor and rushed towards where the Captain still laid unconscious. Tom practically yanked the phaser out of Harrys hands; while he turned to the Captain, to see her starting to wake up. He watched her eyes flutter open. "Tom! She's waking up." Harry said happily.

She looked up to find Harry and Tom staring down at her. With all the strength she could muster she tried to sit up, but pain roared all the way from head, chest, and down to her toes. "Captain! Don't try to move just yet." Tom frantically told her, and put his hand on her shoulder. She tiredly asked "...What happened?.." Harry was quick to answer her: "You started to fight tuvok and we all assumed that you were taken over by the alien. Tuvok told Paris to stun you, but we think there was a second alien energy being because Paris's phaser was set higher than it should have been...Captain! he almost killed you!" She went to turn towards Mr. Paris, when a wave of nausea made her vision go blurry and her head to feel like it exploded. "Captain, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to, I swear! Commander Chakotay is definitely going to kill me." Harry let out a giggle, but stopped when he realized that the captain was trying to sit up. "Woah! Relax, you don't want to hurt yourself more." Harry told her, while pushing on her shoulders slightly. "...it's okay...Tom you were under the influence...so Chakotay won't kill you...this time..." She said with pain in her voice.

Tom cleaned up his mess of medical tools, because he knew they needed to get her to sick bay. He had Harry put the med kit back, before he turned to the captain and told her "Alright Captain...i'm going to bring you down to sickbay now. Don't worry Harry will take precious care of your ship." She smiled and weakly responded "alright...Is the doctor still deactivated?..." Harry knelt back down and said "I'm afraid so captain. I'm sorry to say that you're stuck with nurse Tom here." She laughed, but quickly stopped when she felt a sharp pain emanate from her abdomen. "I'm sorry." He quickly said with worry in his voice. "Harry, I need you to help me lift her up. Okay?" Tom asked while getting into position. "Tom...I can walk..." She tried to convince them, but he was not going to let her win. "No captain, i'm going to carry you. Now just hold onto me." He told her, and waited until she had wrapped her around his neck. Once she was in position he motioned for Harry to lift on three. He slipped one arm around the top of her back, and one under her legs. "On three Harry! One...Two...Now!" They both lifted her off the ground, and into Paris's arms.

An excruciating pain reverberated through her entire body, causing a gasp to break past her already gritted teeth. "All right Captain let's get you to sickbay. Harry you have the bridge." Tom told his captain. Harry nodded, but waited until Tom made it to the lift before taking a seat in the captain's seat. While in the turbolift Tom tried to keep her awake and talking. "Captain do you have any theories about the alien situation?" He asked; knowing that she would start talking about the scientific aspects of this. "Well...I believe we have two alien presences...and Chakotay...The last thing I remember was informing everyone about Tuvok and...I's plan to divide up my...command...codes..." She spoke very quietly, and Tom could tell she was fading out. "Captain! Come on, you've got to keep talking." He beckoned; hoping that she would be able to.