New Projections

When the doctor hears that there is no one on board, he sits down to his logs and states "I'm going to shut off my program, but you can find it again by..." Suddenly he heard a loud *BANG* coming from the sickbay doors. He slowly grabs for a hypospray and gets into position, in order to disable the intruder. When the doors were finally opened he noticed that it was B'elanna; he still had the hypospray held above his head.

She whirled around with a phaser raised and yelled "DOCTOR! What are you doing?" He dropped his arm to his side, before helping her to a biobed to check on her injured shoulder. "I'm fine, but you need to help the Captain. She was hit by a support beam. I couldn't risk moving her so I had to leave her on the bridge." She told him, while stretching out her sore arm after he had reset the bone. "I can't leave sickbay, remember? I can tell you how to help her, but you'll have to go back up there yourself." He was grabbing the necessary materials, when she yelled out "You don't understand. The captain and I have been working on a new imaging system that will give you more access to the ship." He asked "Why wasn't I informed of this?" She continued to move her fingers frantically across the console, before saying "I guess the captain didn't want to get your hopes up, in case it didn't work."

It was finally up and running so she turned to him and asked "Ready?" He nodded but asked one question "There is still a medkit behind the tactical station, right?" She nodded but had one warning "Doctor, the crew are all still in the escape pods, but the captain was hit before she could launch them. Once you check on the captain, go to the ops panel and disengage the pod's launch sequence, so the crew can return to their posts. Got it?" He nodded and waited for her to put in the final calculations. "Please take care of the captain. We all need her to be okay." She told him when she looked up from the console. "I will. Don't worry." The doctor said just as sickbay started disappearing from his sight.

Within a microsecond he found himself standing on the bridge, only to see the broken command center. He rushed over to the tactical station to retrieve the medkit, and started looking around the bridge for any sign of his captain. When he walked towards her chair, he saw what looked to be her starfleet boots. He couldn't see over the multitude of support beams that hung down from the ceiling, but he knew it was his captain. Faster than a cheetah he rushed over and saw the captain lying facing down, against the carpeted steps. Carefully he stepped over her and was on the ground facing her, but didn't like what he saw.

Blood was pooling on each of the steps, and was dripping down. The doctor couldn't see where the blood was coming from, until he stood up. That's when he saw that the support beam was impaling her side. He quickly lowered himself back down to his knees and pulled the tricoder out, so he could scan her. The tricorder sputtered, but wasn't showing any information. With a grunt of frustration the doctor threw it back into the medikit, and pulled out a hypospray. Once it was ready, he pressed it lightly against the captain's neck. He closed the medkit when suddenly he heard a quiet moan coming from behind him.

When he spun back around, he saw his captain's head moving slightly. He lifted her up under her arms and pulled her away from the beam, so he could get her sitting back against the command seats. As he did, louder moans erupted through the empty room. He relaxed a bit when she was finally settled. She still had her eyes closed against the pain, until she heard "Captain? You're going to be alright. I promise." Her eyes flew open and tried to turn her head to see who talked, but that only sent a surge of pain through her skull. He was quick to ask "Are you feeling any dizziness, nausea, pain?" She brought her right hand up onto her side; hoping the pain would go away. The doctor noticed this, and looked to find even more blood pooling from her torn uniform. She spoke quietly "I'm a little disoriented...and I feel like voyager landed on my stomach..." He listened to every word, and she kept talking (Which was a good thing) "The last thing I remember...was trying to launch the escape pods...ohh!" She tried to pull herself up, but more pain erupted through her right side. "Captain, please don't move?" She nodded as much as she could, but still winced in pain. He continued to tell her "it was a good thing you didn't eject the pods, because the Kazon were there waiting to tractor them aboard."