Once Upon a Time

Kids POV

Naomi loved spending time with Captain Janeway's kids, but could tell they weren't as 'happy' as they usually were. She knew that it was because the Captain was leaving on a long away mission tomorrow morning, and it was the first time that she would be away from the ship and them for that long. Little Bella is much more worried than Kol is, but that is only because she has noticed a pattern emanating from her mother. Bella noticed that her mother was all in all a...klutz, which she thought was a bit awkward for a captain of a starship. Together they all went towards the mess hall to find their uncle Neelix. They needed his help to put together a party for the away team.

When they got to the mess hall they found Neelix was just about to leave the kitchen, but stopped short when he saw the children. "What are you guys doing here? I thought you were supposed to be with ensign Wildman? Naomi, does your mother know that you guys are here?" He asked them. Naomi brought them both closer to him before saying "Bella and Kol are worried about Captain Janeway, and were wondering if we could do something special for the away team?" He was skeptical to say yes, but that changed when all three of them gave him the puppy-dog eyes and said "please Uncle Neelix?" He couldn't say no to them, EVER! He managed to contact Samantha Wildman, and Lieutenant Paris to help plan a last minute party.

Bridge POV

The day had been going by at an excruciatingly slow pace, but the Alpha shift was able to make the time go by bearibly. Of course Lieutenant Paris suggested a little game called two truths and a lie to take their minds off the nothingness. Everyone agreed to play, except the captain. She was feeling tired and had a bit of a headache. Commander Chakotay lovingly asked "Come on Kathryn! Please play?.." He paused to lean closer to her and whispered "I have a bet going with Tom that I won't win this game, but if you play I will know a lot about you...My beautiful wife." She let out a quiet laugh, and reluctantly agreed knowing full well that anything he won could go towards coffee. Ensign Kim spoke first, and suggested "We should go in order of rank, so Captain that puts you first." She sent him a death glare, which left Tom to add "This first round will be practice, so Captain you can make it easy if you want?" Everyone was stunned quiet, and waited for the Captain to begin the game that seeks to make the time go by.

She started by stating "I have two children..." Chakotay grins at Paris as she continues "I was a rebellious teenager..." When she said that she watches everyone's posture change, and they knew the game was on. Finally she knew that she had to come up with a good lie, and added "and I have broken more bones in my body than I haven't" The whole bridge kept silent and began to think about her answers. The crew mainly knew that she was always getting injured, but only the doctor knew how many bones she had actually broken, and she knew she truely hasn't broken more than 20 different bones. When she turned to look at her husband, she was stunned to see him confused. She laughed at him, and leaned towards him to tease "I thought since you're my husband, you are supposed to know everything about me.." Tom brought her back to the whole bridge by saying "Well we all know that she has two children!" Chakotay was still staring at the captain thinking about her answers, and unconsciously asked "what?," a little bit too loudly. Everyone burst out laughing at how he was acting. Tom playfully told him "Umm...the two children that you have with the Captain are the ones she's referring to." She decided to have fun with this and teasingly questioned "I hope you didn't forget the two children that you helped father! I seem to remember you being a willing participant those many, many times." He snapped back into reality and told her "Of course I remember that I have two kids with my amazing wife!" They shared a brief kiss, before they continued trying to figure out which one is the captain's lie. Harry was the first to make a guess, and said "No offense captain, but I think the lie is that you were a rebel teenager." They all wait to see if he is right or wrong.