Twisted

When the captain and Harry were in the jefferies tube, they found the hatch that was supposed to lead them back to the bridge. They shared a smile, and he held back a bit, letting the captain crawl in front of him. "Maybe we'll finally be able to get some answers." Janeway said, trying to punch in her override codes. The hatch would not open, so Harry said "We'll have to try it manually." Janeway was quick to attach the door handle onto the non-budging hatch. "I think it's stuck..." Suddenly the hatch flew open, and an electric discharge flew towards Janeway and struck through her left side. Beyond the hatch was in a state of temporal flux, causing the captain's arm to be caught in the craziness of the anomaly.

Harry quickly saw the captain being pulled through the hatch, and reached out to grab her hips. "I...CAN'T...get my...arm out...ohh." She cried out, as she watched her arm turn into a roller coaster with hills. With one final grunt, He managed to pull the captain back into the room. She fell against the wall and waited until he reached over and slammed the hatch shut before moving her hand to the pain coming from her side. "Captain, are you alright?" He asked, seeing her grip her side. "I think I'm alright...It was as if everything was in a state of temporal flux...the walls...the atmosphere." She said not taking her eyes off of him. When he looked down to her side, he saw that blood started pooling through her fingers. "Oh my god Captain! You're bleeding!" She pulled her hand up and gasped when she saw blood. "Shit!!....We need to come up with a plan to combat this thing...Ohh!.." She told him, while trying to pull herself up onto her knees so they could head back the way they went. "Careful Captain! Please let me help you?" She nodded, and reached out to fist his uniform in between her blood covered fingers, letting him help her to her knees. "Now, let's get you to the doctor. Okay?" She nodded, and off they went.

After getting in and out of 15 jefferies tubes, they finally came to the point where they had to go down 5 decks. Ensign Kim sat her down against the wall and said "Alright Captain, I'm going to climb down a bit and then help you down okay?" She nodded and watched him start to lose visibility, but could feel herself sliding down onto her side and everything going black. Once he was halfway down, he looked up and called out "alright Captain! I'll help you down now!" He waited for her to respond, but nothing came. When he climbed up a bit more he saw that she was unconscious. "Captain? Captain? Come on, you have got to wake up. Come on!" He cried out, shaking her foot. He saw her eyes begin to flutter and he let out a long sigh. "...Harry?.." She whispered, trying to pull herself up.

When she finally managed to get herself up, Harry helped ease her down one step at a time. He could sense that she was in excruciating pain, but she was fighting against it. After one deck, he let her sit down and rest in one of the tube entrances. "I know you're in pain Captain, but we still have 4 more decks to go." She let out a long pained sigh, but pulled herself up and told him "Thank you Harry...I just hope you'll be okay with me leaning on you for that long..." He laughed and responded only by pulling her closer to him. "And Harry?..Let's try to go more than one deck at a time...Okay?" She weakly asked. He agreed, and they started back on the painful journey to the doctor.

They managed to make it down 3 decks, before Janeway fell limp in Harry's arms, causing him to sit her down and yell out "Come on captain! One more deck to go!" She looked up to him, and he noticed her skin had gone pale, and there was sweat rolling down her forehead. He reached up and laid his hand gently down on her forehead, quickly pulling away telling her "Captain! you have a fever. We need to get you to the doc asap. Wrap your arms around me one last time, okay?" She nodded and gripped his shoulders. They made their way down the last section and were almost about halfway down, when suddenly Janeway rasped out "Harry?..Stop!..I need a minute...to catch my breath..." He nodded and they stood still. He decided to take a closer look at her side, but when he saw the wound through her ripped uniform he knew he had to get her back to the holodeck. "Captain, we've got to get moving again!" she nodded her head but kept her eyes closed for a second more, so he asked "You're feeling nauseous and dizzy, aren't you?" She weakly nodded, and he finally made it to the last step.