The Q and the Grey

The Q and the Grey with a Different Ending

She started feeling tired that morning from staying up with the baby, and on the bridge when Q showed up. Another star started going supernova, causing the ship to shake. Q was standing there all innocently, and Janeway reluctantly asked "Q, you have the power to get us out of here. Please do something?" He agreed and in a microsecond the two of them were gone.

They rematerialized in the southern manor, and she was wearing a southern belle dress. Q was nowhere to be seen, until she turned around. She got dizzy and nearly fell to the ground, but Q caught her and helped her down onto the couch. He cried out "Kathy? Are you alright?" She nodded and asked "Where are we?" He explained that she is in the continuum and that they were in a civil war. "I'll show you." He stood and held out his hand. She wouldn't have taken it but she knew she didn't have the strength to hold herself up. He led her to the window and opened the blinds, as she leaned against the wall. When she looked out and saw the explosions that were sprawling across the terrain. "Oh the supernovas, right?" she asked. He nodded and told her "Think of them as galactic crossfire." Suddenly gunshots started flying through the window.

Q quickly tackled Janeway to the ground to cover her from harm. She hit her head hard on the ground and groaned in pain. He sat up a bit and said "Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry." She nodded her head. She moaned in pain, and told him "Q...I'm fine..." He smiled but then a bullet grazed his shoulder and he fell off her grasping his upper arm. She pulled herself up and saw he was bleeding. "Q...you're bleeding!" he couldn't believe it. She then pulled herself up onto her knees and turned toward the window, when suddenly a bullet pushed its way through her side. She gasped and quickly moved her left arm to her side. Q noticed and pulled himself up slightly and saw she was trying to breathe. He took her head in his hands and asked "Kathy? Come on, talk to me. Please?" He then looked down and saw blood was pooling from her side. "Oh God! Kathy! You're hit." She started falling toward the ground, and he helped her gently to the ground. He tried to snap his fingers to heal her, but nothing was working. "Damn! Nothing's working." he yelled out as she tried to sit up but the pain stopped her. He swiftly laid her down in his arms and told her "Come on Kathy! Stay down! I can't heal you, and you are losing a lot of blood. You've got to stay awake, okay?" She nodded.

The bullets continued to penetrate the window, and they were still in a potential line of fire. Q got the courage to look down at her and say "I'm going to bring us behind the couch, okay? It might hurt..." Kathy was trying to stay awake but managed to say "it's okay...I'll be fine..." He stood up and grabbed her under her shoulders, dragging her behind the couch. She was in excruciating pain, but knew she had to fight it for Chakotay, her baby Bella, and voyager. When there was a break in the firing he quickly reached over and grabbed the two throw pillows that were still intact. He placed them on top of each other, then proceeded to lift Kathy up, and turn her so she could lean on the pillows. The pain was interminable and Q could see it on her face. Her nose was scrunched up and she was biting her lip so she wouldn't cry out in pain. He gently moved down to the end of her dress and ripped the material, she yelled out and threw herself up as far as she could go. An extensively pained sound roared through Kathy's pale face. Q quickly pushed her back against the pillow and told her "Don't move!!" She nodded and asked "What the hell...were you doing...down at my feet?" He looked back and said "I was trying to rip a piece of the under layers so that I can put pressure on your side, so we could try and control the bleeding." She nodded and told him that he may continue.

He did as she told him, and ripped different parts of her dress. Once he had enough, he made his way back up and told her "brace yourself. This is going to hurt." She nodded her head slightly and closed her eyes. He pressed the cloth on her side, causing her to reach up, grip his shoulder and throw her head back. Q yelped in pain, as Kathy was squeezing his injured shoulder. She noticed and quickly let go and cried out "Oh Q!..I'm sorry." He shook it off and lifted her chin to look her in the eyes. "I can take a little bit of pain..." She nodded and suddenly a voice echoed through the room saying "Q? Surrender now and we'll be merciful." Janeway pulled herself slightly and groaned "Q, try and talk to them...Discuss a cease fire...Please...Ouch!" He quickly helped her back down onto the pillows and saw her getting weaker and weaker with each passing second. He grabbed his gun out of his belt and walked over to the window. She managed to pull herself up onto her knees, and kept her left hand pressing down on the piece of cloth. Her head popped up from behind the couch, but Q didn't notice. "I'll never surrender. You know that." With that said he started to fire his pistol out one of the cracks of the window. Kathy just moaned and fell back down with her back against the couch. She made the decision to go to him and convince him to talk about a cease fire.