Vis A Vis Addition

When Tom is taken over by the alien, he starts acting differently. Everyone notices, and tries to talk to him but gets brushed off everytime. Captain Janeway calls him to her ready room one day, so she can try and offer him help. She was nine months pregnant, but still was allowed to relax on duty. As soon as he arrived she could tell something was off with her helmsman. Janeway tried to give him an order to go to sick bay to get tested, but he charged towards her instead. Just as she finished calling security to her, his hands went around her neck. Tom started choking her, and just waited for Chakotay to save her. She tried to force air back into her lungs, so that her baby would be safe. The last thing she knew was her vision going black. Tuvok stormed in with two security officers, and immediately stunned Tom, or so they thought it was Tom. The alien presence had taken over Janeway's body and left her unconscious form in Paris's body.

The alien captain began coughing, and waddled out to the bridge. Chakotay was instantly next to her asking "Kathryn! Are you alright?" He guided her up to her seat. She spoke as soon as her coughing fit ended by saying "I'm alright...I promise..." He was convinced for her safety, but requested that she go down to sickbay and have the doctor check on the baby. She reluctantly agrees, and follows him towards the turbolift.

When they arrived in sickbay, the doctor was just finishing up with 'Tom' who was still unconscious. "Captain! Lay down on the bed, and I'll check on you and the baby!" he told the captain. Chakotay helped his wife up onto the nearest bed, and got her all settled down. They found that the baby was 100% healthy, but the doctor advised the captain to rest as much as possible now. Just as Chakotay was helping Kathryn off the biobed, the ship violently shook and sent her falling into his arms. Together they stumbled their way out of sick bay, and were heading to the bridge. They kept a tight hold of each other in the turbolift, so that the other wouldn't fall. He just wanted to protect his wife and unborn child.

They arrived on the bridge just in time for the ship to start shaking even more than before. Kathryn and Chakotay were flung into the railing, but she stopped herself in time not to hit the baby. Quickly but gently they made their way down to their seats, while asking for a report. Each station rambled off about something about the attack, but all the alien Kathryn cared about was to end the shots that were being fired at her ship. "Remodulate the Phaser bank to match their shield polarity, and target their weapons array!" The captain yelled out, and waited for Tuvok to give her the signal. "Fire!" She yelled out, and prayed that this would work.

It didn't work, and the ship still shook with every hit. Suddenly ensign Kim called out that a ship was coming out of coaxial space, which surprised them because they haven't dealt with a ship with that since Tom's friend left. The alien Janeway realized who was on that ship, and knew she needed to get to their newly renovated shuttle. "Chakotay you have the bridge! I'll be down in sickbay! I think I have a clue as to what's going on." She told the bridge crew, and waddled as fast as she could to the lift. She directed it to the shuttlebay, knowing she needed to get off the ship.

Back on the bridge the coaxal ship managed to scare the attacking ship away, but they weren't convinced that this ship was safe either so they caught it in a tractor beam. The alien captain of that ship was trying to convince Chakotay that he was the true Tom Paris, because he WAS Tom Paris. Suddenly the ops station came alive; causing Chakotay to turn towards the young ensign. "Commander, I'm reading an unauthorized shuttle launch!" Commander Chakotay got angry and asked "who?" Ensign Kim checked his sensors, before looking up confused and saying "It's the captain!" Chakotay sprung into action, by barking out orders left and right. "Hail her!" He yelled, but it was too late. The shuttle had disappeared into coaxial space.

The Tom Paris, who was in the alien's previous body, pleaded with Chakotay asking "Please let me go after the shuttle? We know how to track it, and I can get her back! Please?" Chakotay was still skeptical of the alien, until he said "Commander, I can prove that I'm Tom Paris!" Chakotay looked to Tuvok for approval, and waited until he gave his brisk nod. "Alright! How can you prove to me that you are Lieutenant Paris?" Chakotay asked. Tom quickly responded "I know what the captain is having!.." He cut off when he saw that he might be in trouble, but continued when Chakotay gave him a nod. "You and the Captain are having a baby boy." Everyone on the bridge, with the exception of tuvok, burst into loud cheers. Chakotay instantly believed him, so he ordered "Release the tractor beam!" Tom smiled and told everyone "I will bring them both back safely Chakotay! I promise you that." Chakotay thanked him, and off they went into the coaxial space.

Back on the shuttle the alien captain Janeway was starting to get more and more uncomfortable with this body. The alien didn't anticipate that she would cause him much trouble, but that changed when his back was constantly shooting pain up to his head. His sensors started to beep excessively, and he found that his original ship was approaching. He tried to focus on disabling them, but an excruciating pain came from her stomach causing him to double over in pain. He quickly realized what was happening, and was quick to open a channel to the ship and surrendered. "Something is happening with this person's body!...Ouch!!. I need to put everyone back in the right body...ohhhh!" Tom on the other ship knew what was happening, and was quick to pull the shuttlecraft into his cargo hold.

Tom in the alien body navigated the ship back towards Voyager, while the girl alien helped the alien captain up and to the bridge. He contacted Commander Chakotay to beam them all to sick bay. Within seconds they were all looking at the walls of sickbay. Tom helped the alien captain over to the real Tom Paris's body, and watched as he transferred the Captain back into her body. Tom in the alien body watched as his captain's body went limp, and briskly jumped to catch her. Alien Tom sat up on the biobed, as the real Tom lifted the Captain onto the nearest biobed.

The doctor started examining her, with the lady alien helping. Finally Tom was back in his own body, and took over for the lady so that they could make one more switch. After ten long minutes everyone was in their original bodies, and the doctor called out "Tom! I need you over here...NOW! The captain is in labor, but isn't responding...I need you to get the fetal transport ready!" Tom jumped into immediate gear, and rushed to get everything set up. He made a promise to Chakotay that he would bring them both back safe and sound, and didn't intend to break it.

They had just transported the baby into the world with the strongest cry, when they both noticed the Captain was waking up. The doctor went to make sure she didn't try to move very fast. Paris weighed, cleaned, and wrapped the baby so that the captain could hold her newest child. When he walked back into the main sick bay area, the captain instantly saw the bundle of joy that her lieutenant was holding. She tiredly asked "Is he okay?" It had been her last thoughts before everything faded away and left her in total darkness.

Tom slowly walked toward her with a smile on his face, before handing him to her and announcing "He's perfectly healthy, captain! And if I may add, very handsome." Her face lit up with so much joy and happiness. The sick bay doors burst open to allow Commander Chakotay to run into the room, looking directly at his wife. "Oh Honey! He's here!" Chakotay told her with a laugh in his voice. She let her head fall back against the pillows that propped her up and saw that he had tears flowing down his face just like when he met their daughter. She reached up to wipe most of them away, before saying "Say hello...to our son...Kolopak Edward Janeway..." Chakotay knew they had agreed on the name three months prior when they found out they were having a boy. He pulled her closer into a tight embrace, and looked like the most loving family. The doctor had sneaked into his office to grab his holo imager, so he could take a picture. Neelix rushed into sick bay with Isabella laughing in his arms, until she saw her parents and catapulted right out of his arms and towards her mom.

Luckily Chakotay's paternal reflexes kicked in at just the right moment. He heard Kathryn groan in pain, as she tried to spring up out off the biobed. The baby in her arms made a cute little noise, causing the little girl to squeal and scramble her way onto her mother's biobed. "Bella, meet your baby brother Kolopak!" Kathryn said, before kissing the girl on the top of the head. Bella tried to repeat her newest brother's name, but she could only say "Kol!" The doctor snapped one more photo of the family as a whole, before whisking everyone out so that the captain could try and get some rest. Neelix was quick to take Bella for one more night for a playdate with Naomi, while the Commander headed towards their home to get one more surprise ready for his beautiful wife and newest child.

The End