Basic Part 1

The Captain was standing on the bridge when the ship shook violently, which caused her body to fly forward. Her head hit one of the carpeted stairs as she fell to the ground. Chakotay and Paris quickly ran to her; so they could help her sit up and lean her against the railing poles. "Captain, are you alright?" Chakotay asked frantically as he interlocked their fingers. She nodded but winced in pain. Paris asked "Captain? are you feeling any dizziness, pain, or nausea?" She brought her left hand into a fist and laid it on her knee as she fought the nausea and tried to stand up. The two men managed to keep her on the ground before she responded "I'm a little disoriented...and I have one terrible headache."

Alarms blared through the bridge when she pulled herself up with their help and yelled out "Report. Ouch." Chakotay led her to her chair and gently pushed her to sit down. She reluctantly agreed, because she was very dizzy. The doors to the turbolift suddenly flew open and Kazon guards ran onto the bridge with guns held up. One of the guards arrived at the Captain's side, pulled her up and pushed her to where the rest of the bridge crew were sitting. He shoved her shoulder down to the ground and her body followed. Chakotay was quick to grab onto her around her waist, so that she could be upright. When Seska and Maje Culluh arrived, they were on the ground.

The Captain pushed her way up through the dizziness and nausea and asked "I want to talk about...what happens next." He smacked Janeway across the face, but before she could fall to the ground he grabbed her arm harshly and plunged a dagger into her side. She gasped in pain, and fell forward into Culluh where he said into her ear "You will be treated with no more respect than any other Kazon woman. Even worse because I am not particularly fond of you." He twisted the blade and she cried out in pain. When he pulled the blade out it was covered in blood and everyone could see that. He then let go of her arm. She slowly fell into the arms of Chakotay and Tuvok.

Chakotay immediately moved out of her grasp and let Harry take over while he checked on the wound. Paris rushed over, and took over supporting the captain's head. Chakotay saw where all the blood was coming from and quickly pulled his way up and marched over to Seska. He heard the captain cry out no louder than a whisper behind him saying "Chakotay... No..." He reached out to the baby blanket and ripped a section of the material that was hanging down near Seska's hip. Culluh was about to punish him when Seska interrupted "No Maje, let him take it." He backed off and Chakotay ran back to the Captain who had managed to pull herself up, much against Tom's advice. He told her "You're going to feel a slight pain but try to sit still. Okay?" She nodded and when he pressed the blanket down on the wound she gasped in pain and reached out and squeezed his shoulder, letting her head fall against Tom's chest.

The Maje then told his guards to bring all of the bridge crew to the cargo bay with the rest of them. One of the guards yelled out "Everyone Up. Let's move." Kathryn gripped Chakotay's shoulder along with Tuvok's and told them to help her up. Seeing that she was determined, they both helped her to her feet. They followed the guards to the turbolift.

When they stepped out of the lift, the guard at the back motioned for Tuvok to let go and walk. He did, leaving Kathryn to lean on Chakotay. They were moving slowly, and the guard was getting angry. He then growled in anger and pushed the two of them demanding "move faster." She fell forward to the ground, and Chakotay helped her turn around and lean against the wall, and he noticed that there was more blood than before. He told her "Kathryn this might hurt, but it is necessary. Okay?" She tried to protest, but before she could even get a word out he was lifting her off the ground and into his arms. Her head reluctantly fell on his shoulder. He took off running towards the cargo bay.

The rest of the bridge crew were waiting outside of the cargo bay until the guards opened the door. The first thing they heard was "There is only one cot, so the senior officer here gets it." Arguments kept echoing through the room, until the commander walked in with Kathryn in his arms. The crew noticed and all stepped back; opening a path to the only cot the Kazon gave them. B'elanna, Neelix, and the Doctor were still arguing until Chakotay walked up and yelled out "Doctor!!" Their heads whipped around and they saw the Commander standing there with the captain looking lifeless in his arms. They all stepped out of the way and Neelix said "The captain gets the cot automatically. Especially if she is hurt." Janeway smiled before groaning in pain as Chakotay shifted his arm slightly.