Even Worse Fury that came from Kes

When Janeway entered the aeroponics bay, she saw two Kes's standing in front of her. Phaser raised she said "One of you doesn't belong here, and I believe it to be you." One of the Kes's was so weak that she wasn't able to stand on her own, and was holding onto the other. Janeway walked around them, but stopped when the imposter Kes suddenly cried out "I won't let you hurt her again!" Janeway lowered her phaser slightly, as a confused look started to show on her face. Kes's face turned from remorse to pure anger, when suddenly a surge of energy flew towards the Captain. She was thrown against the wall behind and hit her back hard, causing her to cry out at the all encompassing pain.

Imposter Kes started walking toward the doors again, but when they opened she saw Chakotay firing at vidiians. This wasn't part of the plan. He looked through the doors to see his wife on the ground badly hurt. She was trying to pull herself off the ground. "Kathryn!" He yelled towards her, and her head whipped to see him. "Chakotay! Oh!" Suddenly the doors closed and Kes blew out the control panel with her powers.

Janeway managed to get back to her feet, but she had a hard time staying up. It seemed like her whole body didn't remember how to work properly. "Kes? I haven't done anything to hurt her." She peacefully told her. Again her face turned angry, as she laid Janeway's Kes down safely on the ground. "You took her from her home planet. She's a prisoner on your ship!" Kes coldly stated and started walking towards Kathryn. "No one's a prisoner here, Kes. You know that." Janeway took painful steps back holding onto the console, until she was out of reach of it. Her back felt like it had been ripped out of her body, but she wasn't about to show that. "I was a child and you forced your ideas on me." Janeway was still inching her way backwards, but asked "what ideas?" Kes scoffed but continued "Exploration, discovery. I believed you!" She was getting angrier and angrier with each passing second. "Kes, you don't have to destroy this ship. We can help you." Janeway said stopping for a microsecond. "NO!" Kes yelled out sending another energy burst at Kathryn again. She flew backwards and landed straight on her back again. She cried out again, and couldn't move.

The ship shook causing pain to rage through her body as she tried to roll onto her side. Finally the ship settled and Kathryn was able to pull herself up, which was at the same time as Kes was just getting to her feet. "Kes? Please, don't do this? Please?" Kathryn pleaded with her. She shook her head, and sent one final energy surge towards her captain. Kathryn was spun around causing her to hit her head on one of the shelves. Her body falling to the ground, with her back against the ground; momentarily forgetting the agonizing pain that was in her back. When she looked up she saw Kes was about to kill her, and quickly set her phaser to kill. "Kes, it's set to kill. Please, don't make me do it? Please?" She desperately pleaded with the woman she has come to love as a daughter, just as much as her children. "Sorry" Kes said and got ready to finish her off, but Janeway aimed the phaser and fired. The imposter Kes fell to the ground, dead.

Janeway tried to pull herself towards her Kes, but suddenly the ship shook and things started falling around her. She began crawling on her stomach, but items kept hitting her back making the pain get worse and worse. The original Kes stirred, and quickly jolted upright. "Kes? Ouch!" Janeway cried out, gripping her lower back. Kes whipped her head around to see her captain in excruciating pain, so she crawled over to her side asking: "Captain? Are you alright?" The ship settled and Kes was finally able to look and see the blood that was falling from one of the shelves. "Captain? Is that your blood?" She worriedly asked. Janeway tried to twist around to see it, but groaned in pain and squeezed her back harder. "Don't move." Kes told her. She nodded and said "The other you threw me into a wall...My back and right shoulder hurts really bad!!" Kes tried to stop her from sitting up, but could only get her to stay on her stomach until they could figure out what was going on with her ship.

Suddenly the two of them heard the aeroponics bay doors being pried open. "Kathryn! Can you hear me? Are you alright?" Chakotay yelled through the opening, when it was big enough to see them. "Commander! The captains hurt! Hurry!" Kes said, immediately seeing him jump back into action. Finally after two more long-lasting minutes the doors were fully open, letting Chakotay and Paris run to them. Paris was quick to scan Kes first to make sure it was their Kes. "Chakotay!" Kathryn cried out as he took her hand in his. "I'm right here Kathryn! Don't worry, we're going to get you help. I promise! I'm sure the kids would love to stay with you for a while!" She nodded when he saw the cut on her head. He knew she must have been hurt worse than he could see, because usually when he brings up the children she smiles and she hadn't.

Janeway again fought her way to roll over onto her back, but could only stand a few seconds before she had to lay on her side. Chakotay was quick to put his jacket under her head, so she didn't have to have her head on the cold metal ground. Paris quickly started scanning his captain telling them "She's got a severe spinal injury, shattered collarbone, 9 fractured vertebrae, 2 bruised ribs, 1 cracked rib, a minor concussion and a dislocated hip. I can't believe that you were able to walk and move after the impact." She moaned in pain and continued to try and move again. "Would it be possible to move her, so we can get her to sickbay?" Paris scanned her again before telling him "At this point it wouldn't matter. Her injuries are basically as severe as she could get right now. The only thing is that we have to go now." Chakotay nodded, and took Kathryn's face in his hands calmly telling her "Alright my dear let's get you to sickbay, okay?" She nodded as he lifted her off of the ground and took off running towards the nearest turbolift. She had fallen unconscious somewhere along the way, but the doctor was able to repair all the damage. Chakotay was relieved to hear that he could bring his wife home the next day. Together as a family, Chakotay and their two older kids took care of Kathryn and helped out with little baby Elizabeth. This time reestablishing the importance of family, that Chakotay had taken for granted before Voyager...Before he met Kathryn, the woman who brought him peace.

The End