Relativity

The ship was cruising along at warp two with no problem in sight, but something was off and everyone could feel it. It seemed too relaxed. The captain was listening to Tom talk about the status report, and suddenly didn't feel so good. She just assumed that she was overworked, or exhausted, so decided not to mention anything. When they all heard the erratic beeping, she turned to address Chakotay but suddenly felt the bridge start to spin. Tom was quick to swap places with his captain, before she could hit the ground. He got her sitting down in his seat. Commander Chakotay rushed to kneel in front of the helm station seat, while Tom went to grab the emergency med kit that was behind the Tactical station. When he scanned her, all he suggested was that she head down to sickbay for a hypospray to take care of the nausea. Chakotay knew that she would protest, so he spoke up and said "Alright Kathryn...Let's get you to the doctor!" She tried to stand and fight against it, but swayed straight into her husband's ready arms. Together they inched their way slowly off the bridge; leaving everyone to worry about their captain who never takes care of her health.

When the turbolift stopped on deck 5, B'elanna's voice called through the closed tube. She asked "Captain, I was wondering if you could come to engineering and help reviewing the power couplings before I bring the enhanced ones online?" Captain Janeway was about to answer, but Chakotay cut her off and called out "I'm sorry B'elanna, but the captain isn't feeling good so I'm bringing her to sickbay. If you would like, can I head down there as soon as I drop Kathryn off?" Torres was quick to accept his help and closed the link. While Chakotay had been answering Torres, the captain had slowly stalked out into the corridor and was waiting for him to finish talking. When he did, she told him "I can get to sickbay myself, so you should get down to engineering." He tried to protest, but she had pressed a button and sent the turbolift to deck 11. She turned to head towards sickbay, when suddenly she was hit in the back of her head with something solid. The last thing she remembered was landing on the deck, before everything went black.

Once Chakotay had finished helping out in engineering, he decided to contact the doctor and have him tell him what was wrong with Kathryn, because he knew she would never tell him herself. He was hoping she had gone to their quarters to get some sleep, but knew that probably wasn't the case. The doctor was quick to respond "Sickbay here! What can I do for you Commander?" Chakotay answered "I was wondering how Kathryn was feeling?" The doctor quickly responded "I wouldn't know. She hasn't been in to see me. Was she supposed to?" Chakotay immediately got angry and the doctor heard him growl at B'elanna, and say "I knew I should have walked her there myself!!!" Chakotay ended the comm channel and rushed to find his wife and find out why she did not go to sickbay like he suggested.

Deep in the bowels of deck 15, Captain Janeway slowly started to come to. Pain roared through her head and neck. Once she was able to open her eyes, she found herself bound at the wrists and ankles. She knew that she was somewhere down in the bottom most deck of her ship, but didn't know why. Suddenly she heard a crisp voice say "Well, Well, Well isn't it the intrepid starship Captain Kathryn Janeway! You don't look so good...hahaha" She pinched her eyes closed and sighed "Captain Braxton...What are you doing here?...What do you want with me?" He ran up to her and wrapped her hands around her throat and yelled "I WANT YOU TO SUFFER!!!!" After a few minutes he loosened his grip, and watched as she struggled to breathe. Captain Braxton decided to add "You ruined my life, by getting me fired, throwing me into the wrong timeline, and exiling me on 20th century Earth." Something on his wrist emitted a beeping sound throughout the room, but before she could try to figure out what it meant something smashed into her stomach; and the room faded to black.

Chakotay had gone directly to her ready room, ready to chastise her for disregarding her own health. He was too aggravated to wait and see if she answers, and just keyed in his override. When he stormed in, he was surprised to see the light off and nothing out of place. She wasn't here, which caused Chakotay to go from angry warrior to worried warrior. "Computer locate Captain Janeway!" He called out, and heard it respond "Captain Janeway is in her quarters" He then asked if she was asleep, but the computer answered "Unable to comply" Chakotay decided to go down there and see if she was actually in their quarters. He walked through his kids room, the living room, and their room but to no avail did not find her. Alas he found her combadge sitting on the desk. Seeing just the badge and not her made Chakotay steam again. "Computer locate Captain Janeway's biosigns!" The computer announced "Captain Janeway is not abroad" Instantly every angry cell in his body dissipated, and he ran towards the bridge to try and find out some answers.