Basic Part 2

Captain Janeway was confined to the camp sites and not allowed to help at all. Ensign Wildman walked over with the newest crewmember, and she pulled herself up as much as she could before the pain became too much. "Hello Captain. I haven't introduced you to your newest crew member yet. This is Naomi Elizabeth Wildman." Samantha said, watching the Captain perk up with more energy than she had a moment ago. "Oh Samantha...she's adorable." Janeway said tiredly, which signaled Temporary medic lieutenant Paris to keep her awake. Chakotay and Tuvok came back with the rest of the security teams, and only managed to find some berries and one tiny stream. They managed to pull Tom away for a bit, while Sam kept an eye on her. "How is she Tom?" Chakotay asked worriedly. "Not good. I've given her as much pain medication as I could today, but we don't have enough dressing materials so there's a chance that the wound can become infected. She is still losing blood, but it has slowed. We need to find a way to get her more medical supplies." Paris told him, while Tuvok and the Commander started trying to think about ways to help.

"WOAH!! Captain?" Sam yelled out when the Captain suddenly started falling backwards. "Commander!!" She yelled out for Chakotay, who whipped around and ran directly to her side. "Kath? Kathryn, can you hear me?" He pleaded when he caught her in his arms. She was unconscious, and he noticed that her skin had gone pale. Tom quickly grabbed the medical tricorder. "Her organs are starting to shut down. Commander, I'm sorry to tell you this but she's dying." The entire senior staff plus ensign Wildman were standing close enough to hear the news , and all gasped. The Commander asked "Do you have anything to wake her up?" He just pulled out a prepped hypospray. " The doc packed enough to wake her up until we can figure out how to get off this planet." Chakotay thanked him, while he administered the drug. Commander Tuvok politely told everyone to get back to work including ensign wildman. Chakotay never took his eyes off Kathryn, as he watched her eyes flutter open.

Once they were finally open he sweetly said "Hey there sweetheart. You gave me and the whole senior staff quite a bit of a scare. How are you feeling?" She looked right into his eyes and smiled, before saying "...I'm sorry...I felt really sleepy...All the sudden...Everything is sore...Can you give me a status...report, please my dear?" He chuckled a bit, but replied "No! All you need to know is that the whole crew is working hard, and you are going to be just fine in a little while." She tried to laugh but it only sent pain roaring through her entire body. "Don't worry my dear, you can fight this. I promise we will get you back to your beloved ship and coffee soon." she smiled as he bent down to kiss her forehead. It seemed like they had been stranded on this desolate planet for an eternity.

The next morning Janeway awoke first to find everyone else still asleep. She decided to try and stand, because she just felt so helpless since she has been confined to their base. After struggling for a couple minutes she finally managed to stand on her own. Luckily she hadn't woken anyone up, so she decided to attempt to map some of the area for her crew. What she didn't know was that someone had woken up and noticed that she was gone. She had been walking for about two hours now, before she had to sit down somewhere. All of the sudden she found herself rolling down a hill, and falling unconscious yet again.

Chakotay took Paris, and Tuvok out to try and find the Captain. They heard noises coming from close by, and when they went to investigate they found a group of people surrounding something. Chakotay pushed his way through the crowd and saw his wife laying there with a fresh new cut coming down from her forehead. "Kathryn!!!" He yelled out; kneeling down and lifting her upper body to lay her across his lap. The leader of the group came over and motioned that he could help, but nobody could really understand them. Tuvok suddenly became linked, managing to communicate and told Chakotay "He wants to know what's wrong with the captain." Tom told them the medical version of it, and the creature looked to Tuvok who nodded before turning to the two other crew members.

He told them "He believes he has something that can help her breath better, and is wondering if he could proceed." Tom wanted to ask what it was, but Chakotay was more concerned about Kathryn and accepted any help he could get. The native produced a sort of gel and wrapped it around a leaf. Tom watched carefully as the person placed the wrapped up leaf under her uniform top, so that the gel could absorb through the skin on her chest. Chakotay immediately noticed the difference in her breathing.

Suddenly the trees started rustling far more than they were a minute ago. When the senior officers looked up, they quickly noticed that Voyager was coming into low orbit; and was working on landing. The captain awoke just in time to hear her crew cheer in joy when she finally caught a glimpse of her ship, and just lit up with happiness. "Chak...Is that my ship?.." She asked with a smile on her face. Chakotay let out a big laugh, and told her "Yes it is honey! Yes it is!" They shared a kiss when they finally were able to be able to board the ship. Commander Chakotay carried Captain Janeway all the way to sickbay.

As they ran through the sick bay doors the Doctor immediately beckoned for the Commander to lay her on the surgical biobed. She had fallen unconscious halfway to the ship. The doctor worked hard to stabilize her, but it took over eight arduous hours. Finally she was able to be out of immediate danger, but was still unconscious. The doctor tried to persuade Chakotay to go back to his quarters to sleep for a bit, but he replicated a pillow and a blanket; fell into a peaceful slumber while waiting for his wife to wake up.

She felt herself coming when all the pain started returning, but slightly less than she remembered. When she rolled her head to the side, she saw Chakotay sleeping peacefully with a smile on his face. She tried to pull herself to go to him, but pain raged through her whole body. Chakotay was awakened when a quiet, yet painful sound reached his ears. He remembered that Kathryn was the only one in sickbay, and shot off the biobed. He saw that she had managed to swing her legs off the bed and sit herself up. "Hey! Hey! You need to rest darling, please?" Reluctantly she allowed herself to go limp and fall into his awaiting arms. "Alright sweetheart let's get you laying back down, before the doctor comes in and gives us another lecture." He lifted her up into his arms, so that he could lay her down. Gasps escaped her gritted teeth, as the pain intensified.

Chakotay quickly set her down and hoped that her pain would go away, but it didn't. Without letting her know he managed to covertly contact the doctor. "What seems to be the problem Commander?" The doctor asked as he activated near the surgical console. "She tried to get up and walk to me, but was in too much pain." He told him. She looked up and said with tiredness in her eyes "you know i'm right here...and can hear...everything you're saying..." They both looked down to see her again attempting to sit up. "Captain! Please remain still. Your body has taken serious damage over the past five days, and you need to rest." The doctor yelled out while not letting her move.

Chakotay could see the sense of frustration brewing behind his wife's eyes, so asked "Would it be okay to transport her to our quarters and have her rest in bed? I think she may be more prone to listening to your advice." The doctor eyed the captain, and saw the almost pleading look. "Fine, but first let me put together a medkit with pain medication and possible sedatives." He walked towards his office leaving Kathryn to let out a long sigh. "Thanks sweety...You always know what to do in order to make...me feel better...don't you?" She told her husband.

Chakotay laughed and replied "You know I do. You're my wife, and I love you with all my heart. If you think that i'm going to be lenient and let you move from the bed to the couch, or to the bridge, then you have another thing coming..." Before she could retaliate he slapped his combadge and continued "Chakotay to Tuvok" Being the vulcan that he is, he responded within seconds. Chakotay spoke clearly to Tuvok, but never looked away from Kathryn. "I'm putting you in command of the ship until the Captain is fit to return to duty." Tuvok understood and abruptly ended the link.

Kathryn pulled on Chakotay's sleeve and watched as he whipped around. Without saying any words she lowered his face, so that their lips could meet. They couldn't be happier. That is until the doctor walked in with a field medkit and yelled out "Here you are Commander. I can now release her into your..." He stopped when he saw them kissing. They quickly broke apart and were both a dark shade of red. Chakotay contacted the transporter room, so that they could beam back to their home. Without even mentioning it the transporter chief transported them right into bed. Kathryn tried to laugh at the coincidence, but that still didn't feel good. Chakotay was quick to tuck her into bed after he helped her change out of the dreadful medical gown. They decided that it was late enough that they could just spend this time relaxing in eachothers arms, and that's what they did until both of them drifted off into the most peaceful slumbers in the past month.

The End