*Were-Queen Mother*

I sat frozen staring at my closed door.

For how long? That I don't know.

The nightmare and phone call had me a little shaken up, I guess I just needed some time to process it.

Which leads to the current situation I'm in now. . . . . .

Staring blankly at my closed door.

I was going to meet my mate's mother today, bringing me a step closer to my mate.

I saw it coming, I knew I was going to be approached for the event planning but I didn't think it would be this soon

Was my mate this eager to marry Amber Chamberlain?

I know this question sounds selfish but couldn't he wait. . . . . Perhaps give me a little more time to find Chatham and eliminate her?

A little bit of my heart shattered as I broke into sobs once again.

Immediately I saw that headline, I knew this would be the outcome but that doesn't mean I was ready. . .

Then again, I know I'd never be ready.

Sucking it up and putting my shattering heart at the back of my mind I snapped out of reverie taking a quick glance at the digital clock beside my bed.

3:30 a.m. it read

Well it wouldn't hurt to start your day a little earlier, would it?

By the way, I was meeting my mate's mother today for the first time though she doesn't know who I am, I would like to make a good first impression. . . .  .

Hopefully for future purposes.

Sighing sadly I got out of bed and walked towards my closet. Since I wasn't tight on schedule today, I had enough time to visit my mini gym downstairs.

Not that I need to stay in shape or anything as werewolves are naturally always in shape

But because I wanted to let off a bit of sweat and try warming up for today.

Putting on my sports bra and shorts I decended my stairs as my footsteps echoed through the whole house.
I lived alone and it would have been quite lonely if not for the two voices in my head.

Speaking of the devil, I brought down the wall I put up and found eve already awake. Always the early bird, not one bit surprised.

Alana on the other hand was very much asleep with large annoying snores emitting from her chest   Which I immediately blocked off.

'So. . . .  . Which spell are you working on this time around eve?' I asked very much aware she only stays awake in the early hours of the morning whenever she's working on a spell.

Something about the energy flow being uninterrupted.

'oh... hey Xandra, N-nothing much really. Just working on a way to break your mother's journal spell whi-' I didn't give her a chance to finished her sentence when I barked out a loud laugh.

Eve huffed irritated knowing I'd probably start teasing her. Which I will.

' I had no idea you were this eager to be with our mate Eve, staying up in the wee hours of the morning just to crack a spell which would bring us one step closer to defeating Chatham'

Eve blushed while glaring at me in embarrassment. I laughed some more while opening the doors of my mini gym.

This is one of the reasons why I enjoy living alone.

Imagine me laughing out loud like a maniac while my house mate wonders what's funny or if a screw is loose up there.

Getting on top of the treadmill I finally stopped laughing as I started running slowly at first before increasing pace.