*Amara II*

"Good evening ma'am, Welcome to Lagos, Nigeria. I'm Ibrahim Mohammed and I'll be your driver for tonight"

The black man with tribal marks on both side of his face told me.

Nodding my head in nostalgia I greeted back with a small thank you.

Returning my words of appreciation with a polite smile, my designated driver, Mr Mohammed spoke up once again.

"Ma'am, is there any hotel of preference you'd like to spend the night in or would you rather I'd give you a tour of Lagos at night?"

Mr Mohammed patiently waited for me as I feigned thinking about his offer how barely a minute before I continued supposedly having made up my mind.

"Actually I'd be okay with neither for now. If you could just take me to the address written on this paper" I replied handing him the piece of paper I had copied Amara's address in.

Scrolling through the piece of paper, Mr Mohammed looked up at me in confusion.

"Is ma'am sure this is the place she'd like to go to?" He asked staring at my profile in confusion.

I became weary as something seemed to have been wrong with the address on the piece of paper.

"Yes, affirmative. Is there something wrong with the address" I inquired carefully.

He looked at me a while longer before giving his head a light shake.

"Nothing is wrong. It's just that the address you provided is in a community of dilapidated buildings flooded beyond repair on the mid of last year. I was just wondering why ma'am would want to go to a community that had long been abandoned waiting for refurbishment."

Mr Mohammed stated laying his silent queries.

Looking out the window, I opted to not reply.

Seeing that I wasn't going to indulge in any further conversations, Mr Mohammed started the ignition and moved forward my escorts quietly following behind me.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*--*

Two hours past the horrible traffic later, we started pulling into a quieter area that seemed to be as my driver had claimed.

Although I wasn't too sure as I could to work with a fully dark, blanketed, half moon as my aid.

While advancing through, I felt the slight change in the area, the road had more frequent bumps and the tires of the vehicle became wet with mud and made slushing sounds as we advanced through. I slowly became agitated as I felt that things were going to be quite different this night.

After what seemed like forever of anticipation, the vehicle finally slided to a stop

Without waiting for the driver to get the door I stepped out of the car

But immediately I stepped out of car I regretted it. Mud slipped into my shoes as my heels immediately sank into it.

Groaning out loudly I looked towards Mr Mohammed who appeared to be in the same dilemma as I was in.

I took my eyes away from my driver and towards the abandoned dilapidated building which appeared to be my destination.

Sighing loudly I took out my phone and turned on the torchlight to get better bearings of my surroundings.

Since Mr Mohammed was still with me I had to suspend any use of magic, at least until I find an excuse to get rid of him.

"Mr Mohammed, I'd prefer you'd stay out here or better yet get on your way."