Chocolate Cookies Part 2

I felt my palms sweat. If only Haruhi hadn't brought up the whole 'pairing thing' when I had asked. Couldn't she have lied? I wouldn've known she was lying, but at least it was better than sitting here waiting to see who comes out with the same color as my dress. For Haruhi, judging by the glances she kept throwing in the direction of the boys' changing room, was just as a anxious as I. For her sake, I hope Tamaki and her matched. And for me ... I hope Will and I didn't.

"Still angry with Will?"

Haruhi's voice startles the silence and I jump a little. My head snaps in her direction and I furiously shake my head- even if it wasn't the truth. Haruhi, though, read right through me and gave me a hard glare. Half-way through my shaking of the head I change movements and start nodding, sighing as I do so.

"It's petty of me, isn't?"

She doesn't say anything right away, but her eyes tell another story. A sigh escapes me again and I lower my head onto her shoulder, finding comfort in Haruhi's silent undersatnding.

"I don't understand, Haruhi," I mumble, "where did I go wrong?"

Haruhi smiles sadly. "I don't think you've done anything wrong, but ending up in the hospital gave us all quite the scare."

"Did it, though?" I chuckle bitterly.

Haruhi turns to me fully, her eyes wide. "Meg-" she tightens her hold- "the twins didn't eat the whole time you were out, Tamaki practically kept Honey from crying everytime he looked at you. Mori spoke less than normal, and Kyoya made sure you got the best doctors avaible."

"But what about Will? You didn't mention Will's name." I whisper.

"He slept every night right there beside you. That blonde chick came a couple times to ask for him to go somewhere with her, but he turned her down and held your hand tightly." Harui said sharply. "So, yes, Meg, I know you haven't done anything wrong."

I gap, knowing I was being insecure and selfish. I had worried them needlessly and here I was complaining about Will choosing to go to some movie with Kanashimi. But my mind had slipped somewhere else, running around in circles to Haruhi's words about the twins. Had they really not eaten anything while I was out? Would Hikaru and Kaoru really feel that strongly towards me to not eat for almost a whole week if not more? Gratitude and warmth settles inside my chest and coils around the base of my throat and threatens to spill over within my eyes.

"Close your eyes, they're coming!" Haruhi smacks my arm and closes my eyelids herself. I giggle and do the same to her. Crying could wait until later.

We hear the curtains pull open, making a swishing sound, and footsteps falling. Anticipation and excitment race through me, jumping and doing summersults through my nerves. It was an amazing feeling, but doubt also set in along with those other emotions. Would they not want to partner with me? What if I wasn't good enough to host with them? Why did I feel as if I wanted to cry now instead of jumping up and down from excitment? Haruhi squeezes my hand, her palms slightly sweaty, and I knew right there that Haruhi was just as nervous as I was.

"Don't peak, okay!" I grip Haruhi's hand right back, smirking when she returns the pressure.

A throat clears from in front of us, demanding our attention. "Now, ladies, before you open your eyes, please pick a number between one and ten."

With our eyes clsoed, Haruhi and I turn to each other and raise our eyebrows.

"Stop doing that!" Tamaki taps us both lightly over the head. "You can't communicate with one another."

I hit tamaki's hand away in annoyance. Being hit on the head was not something on my bucket list- and if Tamaki were to do it again, I would take that hand while he's napping on the couch and put it in a bucket full of warm water.