Valentine's Day

Waking up this morning, I felt like I was forgetting something...something important. Shaking my head, I roll away from Will, snatching my covers back. I'd gotten cold halfway through the night, so I'd snuggled up against the only other heat source availble to me: Will. Tyson was bunking at a friend's house halfway down the street. My father didn't care for Tyson, believing he was a bad influence and always getting into trouble- the latter was true -and refused to allow Tyson sleeping rights within our house (which I almost threw something when we got to this point in the argument). To say it infuriated me was barely the icing on the cake. I've gotten into arguing matches with him over the fact that Tyson made sure I made it home everyday day. Tyson was the reason I fought to live, and Will pressed the same issue as I did. But did dad listen? No, he shoved both our complaints out the window and slammed his foot down, hard.

"What did you do with all my blankets, woman?" Will's raspy morning voice grumbles as he rolls over.

"I took back what's mine." I growl back, fighting to keep the blankets.

"How can they be yours when you also took mine?"

I go to argue, but the golden color of Will's comforter stops me short. The golden color was hidden beneath my emerald green one, but it was there nonetheless. Tsking, and mockingly angry, I kick Will out of the bed and onto the cold hard floor. "Either way: mine."

"Either way: mine." Will mimics from the floor, his voice raised higher to be in a "girl's" voice.

"I'm glad you agree." I smirk into the pillow, snuggling the blankets.

A tackle from the side catches me by surprise and I squeak in shock. Will's laughing face looms over mine, his arms wrapped around me as we tumble off the bed. We make a loud thud as our bodies connect with the cold flooring.

"WILL!"

He grunts. "There goes my hearing, right out the door."

I deadpan, throw him off me and scramble back into bed. "There goes my sympathy...right out the door, you big butt."

Will's comeback is cut short when Dad's footfalls thump up the stairs, echoing up the staircase and down the hall into our shared bedroom. Bickering aside, Will and I share a nod and dive under the covers- faking sleep. The door creeks open and our Dad's head pops in, his eyes searching in confusion as he sees our sleeping figures.

"Weird, I could've sworn I head their voices?" He grumbles, closes the door, and thumps back down the staircase.

I peek open an eye and stifle my giggles when Will grins boyishly back. Reaching out, I tenderly trail my fingertips along the angles of his face, a sense of sadness sweeping through me. Without Will I was only half of myself, and we'd been fighting recently so the loss of him constantly by my side had awakened a deep craves inside; and I never wanted to go back.

"I think it's time to get up," he whispers, throwing the covers off.

I follow Will, scooting out from under the blankets and off the bed. When my feet touch the cold ground a shiver raced up my spine and traveled throughout my body. Along with the shiver came the feeling as if I was forgetting something...something important?

Shrugging it off, I dart around the bedroom door and make my way to the bathroom; hopping in for a quick shower and to brush my teeth. Once the simple morning routines were finished, I wondered back into Will's and I shared bedroom, a towel wrapped firmly around my body, and stood in front of the closest with my hands on my hips. What to wear...what to wear? Digging around the closest I pull out a pair of black skinny jeans and a tight black t-shirt that had a crimson dragon printed across it.