We're going where...the beach?

Sunlight flickers through the curtains, cutting shadows through the room. I mumble sleepily, my lashes fluttering open. Auburn hair glimmers in the morning sunlight, followed by handsome pale features and spidery black lashes. Hikaru's lips are parted slightly as he snores, his hand twitching beside his face. I'm memorized by him and I can't look away and somwhere in my head, a part of me is hoping he won't wake up and catch me looking at him. Trying to shift into a more comfortable position I feel a strong weight drapped around my waist. Tilting my head so I could see more easily, I fight back a vicious blush. Hikaru's arm was snaked around my waist and I brushing up against him like a lover would. Embarrassed didn't even fully describe how I felt knowing my breasts were probably pushed up against his chest.

Even though I was afriad he might wake up I couldn't stop myself from raising my hands and playing with the ends of his hair. It was silky soft and slipped through my fingers like water, soothing me into a light daze. My eyes close and I stop playing with his hair, but I wasn't fully asleep when I feel myself brought closer to him. Blinking my eyes open, I gaze at Hikaru and try to see if he was actually awake, but he continued to snore lightly. Believing it was just a part of my imagination, I let my eyes flutter close once more. The blanket combined with Hikaru's warm carrying me to sleep.

A flash of a camera startles me awake, but Hikaru's arm kept me from bolding upright. A grumble of protest escapes Hikaru as his eyes open, but his cheeks redden slightly as his eyes find mine. I feel my cheeks heat up and I know it was Kaoru who had taken the photo. Hikaru's mouth opens slightly and he clears his throat. I duck my head and try to figh down the obvious reddness.

"Err...sorry Love." Hikaru rubs his cheek, but his face reddens more when he hears himself call her "Love".

My face heats up again and I shake my head, unable to speak. Kaoru's laughter reminds me that he was still there and watching our embarrassment. Hikaru, as if just finding out he was there, jumps from his postion and lunges at his twin.

"Give me that camera, Kaoru!"

"No way, this will be hanging up in the host room for us all to enjoy." Kaoru shakes his head, amber eyes full of teasing humor.

I pull the blankets higher up my face and disappear behind the sheets, wishing Kaoru hadn't taken that photo just now- maybe, just maybe, we could've slept a little bit longer. But, wishing was done and over with so I had to pull on my big-girl panties and suck it up.

"Kaoru.." I call from under the blanket. "You're not really going to give it to anyone are you?"

A feel two bodies settle down on either side of me. Hikaru was on my right and Kaoru to my left, I'm not sure how I could tell, but I did. One of them slipped the blanket down my face so they could see my eyes. Two pairs of amber clash with one set of pale.

"Of course not, Meg." Kaoru shakes his head, his eyes serious.

I sigh in relief, knowing he spoke the truth. Both brothers stare at me with different expressions. Although I can read people, these two were mysteries to me more often than not. I look around and I notice the other memebers were still asleep, so I pull both Hikaru and Kaoru closer to me and snuggle into them. Both boys wrap an arm around me and I feel their breathing ease. As they drifted to sleep my mind continued to walk in circles.

Was I falling for Hikaru? Could that even be possible for someone like me? Would he, Hikaru, even consider liking me in return or does he want a normal pretty girl like Haruhi to fall in love with? Questions, painful ones, race through my mind and I feel my heart constrict within my chest. The bird that beats and fights so hard to escape my chest was silent...leaving me alone.