Chocolate Cookies

The fresh scent of fresh baked cookies drift through the house, and the soft humming of a man's voice fills the silent house. Sunlight was fading into the room, casting shadows in corners, and blinding me as I awoke. I patted the area where Will usually slept to find it empty. Jolting up, I snap my eyes completly open- sleep washed away. Will was always beside me when I woke up.

Panic rears its head inside my stomach and I scramble out of the king sized bed- now cold and lonely -and bolt out the bedroom, taking the stairs two at a time. Skidding into the kitchen, the scent of choclate cookies wavering in the air, I gasp for breath and clutch my still slightly bruised ribs, looking wildly around the kitchen.

"Will?" I nearly shout.

"I'm right here, Meg." Large hands pull me around.

"You weren't there when I woke up!" I feel tears threaten to spill. Stupid Will.

"I wanted to surprise you by making chocolate cookies." He smirks.

Will only baked when he was apologizing for something or wanted something. Either or, I had a feeling I wasn't going to like what he was thinking. "Okay, spill. What do you want?"

"How did you know I wanted something? I could've been wanting to apologize." Will scowls, his eyes narrowing in mock anger.

"Chocolate cookies are for when you want something. If you'd been apologizing you would have made me brownies." I grin cheekily, enjoying the way a small pink blush crept up his neck. I knew him so well.

He splutters. "You think you now me so well."

"I do," I quirk an eyebrow. "You want to go somewhere with someone and I have a feeling I know who." A dark emotion swells inside of me and I fight to push it down and away from the surface. Will could do what he want, I didn't want to be a hindrance.

Will stratches the back of his neck, the blush growing. "Um, yeah. Kanashimi asked me if I wanted to go see a movie with her."

The darkness thickens. I put on a fake, cheery smile. "Sure, go. I'll see if Haruhi doesn't mind if I stay the night, since I bet you won't be home until late."

A shadow crosses Will's afce. "I'd rather you not. Being alone without me could endager you."

Anger sparks hot within me. What a hyprocrate! I couldn't go somewhere without him and yet- loll an behold -he can go places, leaving me alone. Ironic is it not?

"I don't think you get to decide, Will." I say icily.

His golden eyes flash. "I suppose we're at odds, then?"

"I suppose you're correct." I reply with the same tone.

I turn away from Will, beginning my departure when his voice stops me. "At least take a cookie, please, Meg."

I don't say anythig to him, don't even turn around, but I snatch a cookie and walk out the room. What a wonderful start to an already horrible day. Waking up with Will not beside me should've given me a hint that I wasn't going to have a very good day. Days like this, when I fought with Will, I would have gone to Tyson. But, here in Japan, I was alone. Sure, I had the host club members, but I was an outsider to them. I couldn't share all the jokes they laughed at, I couldn't tell what they were thinking, and I couldn't bring myself to open myself up again to being hurt again.

Sighing gloomily, I trudge back up the stairs and throw on an old pair of dark skinny jeans and a black sweater, making sure I had a white lace tank-top on under neath. I knew some of the boys were perverts and I wasn't always able to keep myself awake duing class or when I went outside to sit under a tree, so I sure as hell was not going to have someone peak under my sweater and have a full view of what lay underneath. I had pride, a damn lot of it, too.