Thing of the past

"Meet me later, we need to talk." Hikaru's words run circles through my head as I sit beside one of the large windows, my chin propped up by the palm of my hand. We hadn't spoken after Emily, an odd red head from Germany, left and the host club had began to close. He had been kept busy by Tamaki- who was making a big fuss about something- and Haruhi, who was trying to help Tamaki calm down.

Will had left with Kanashimi not long after the host club had closed down, staying only long enough to chnage into his normal street clothes. I had felt hurt pang through me as I watched his retreating figure disappear through the doors with Kakanshimi's blonde hair bouncing behind her backside. Even though my heart hurt from seeing him walking away with me not by his side, I was looking forward to talking with Hikaru.

"What's got you thinking so hard?"

I nearly fall out of my sitting position when Honey pops up beside me, brown eyes twinkling. "Geez, Honey! You scared me, again."

Honey grins, his boyish innonce keeping me from staying mad at him for too long. Giving up, I sigh and offer a spot beside me. Taking my offer, Honey settles down beside me and messes with the ends of my hair. It was soothing as he played with my hair, bringing a memory surfacing from the depths of my mind. The memory was of her mom; she had been tucking me into bed one night, her own hair wet from a shower. I was having a hard time falling asleep, so she had sat down beside me and began playing with the ends of my hair.

Tears sprang up as the memory came to a stop. Brushing away the beginning of tears, I relax further against the wall and allow the sunlight to cast shapes against my closed eyelids. Between Honey's playing with my hair and peaceful silence, I felt myself slipping into a light nap. Honey's breathing and sweet scent wraps around me weaves a sense of security.

"Meg...."

"Hmmm?"

"How come you look so sad?"

I open my eyes and stare at Honey, who was already staring back. His question caught me off guard, and the fact that he could see right through me. "How did you know?"

"When no one's looking your eyes dull and you stare out the window." Honey shrugs his shoulders. At times like this Honey's true age comes to shine and I realize how disarming his looks can really be.

"I guess sometimes I realize how different I am from you guys." I say.

Honey frowns and stops playing with my hair. His brown eyes were somber and his cute act was out the window, replaced by the air of a seventeen year old. Usa-chan sat beside him with her limbs layed out, but Honey wasn't paying attention to Usa-chan. His full attention was casted on me.

"You're not different, just special." He shakes his head.

My lip trembles and I fight the urge to hug him. I wasn't used to showing emotion, but after meeting the host club it was becoming easier and easier for me to show how I truly feel. Knowing what I was thinking, Honey doesn't wait for me to hug him, he hugs me instead. I inhale the sweet scent of sugar as he hugs me and I come to a conclusion that I was overreacting in a sense. The host club had already told me they liked me for me and I needed to trust their words and stop hanging in the past.

Someone clears their throat, causing Honey and I to jump and pull apart. Swivling my head I look up to the handsome face of Hikaru. His amber eyes lock with mine and he inclines his head. "Sorry, Honey, but I need to steal Meg from you."

Honey- his cuteness back and hands on Usa-chan- grins at Hikaru, winks at me, and heads off to where Mori was standing. Smiling at the blonde boy's back I thank him for helping me realize that I was being a silly teenager. When warmth circles around my hand, I glance back at Hikaru and send hima small smile. He returns my smile with a soft one, but his eyes were serious and held swirling emotions that were beyond reading.