Justified anger

I caugh up water, sucking in much needed air. Warm, strong arms carry me out of the water, tenderly holding me against their chest. I open my eyes, blinking as the harsh light seers away the darkness. I hear the steady beat of the person's heart against my ear, soothing my racing nerves. The incident leading up to blacking out flashes through my mind and I jolt forward in panic.

"Shhh, Love." Hikaru's voice thick from emotion whispers in my ear. "I've got you."

I hear anger barely being controlled under his voice, but I was too damn happy to be in his arms and not sinking further into the water's depth. "I'm so sorry, Hikaru."

"I don't want to hear it right now." He shakes his head, his arms shaking in anger.

I look away from, letting my head fall against his chest. He was angry, and it was justified anger, but it didn't stop the pain from running through me and clamping down on my heart. "Is Haruhi okay?"

"She's fine, thanks to you." Haikru says stiffly. "She was thrown off right as we got there."

"Thank goodness." I breathe out in relief.

"No not 'thank goodness' " Hikaru stops walking. "You scared half to death when I didn't see you standing there beside Haruhi. Damn it, Meg! I was afraid I'd lost you."

I inhale and bite my lip. I had caused him to worry...again. I shift enough to face him, raising my hand I touch his face with tender fingers. I trail them down teh side of his face and trace his lips. "Don't do that, you're distracting me." He growls.

A soft smile dances across my lips. "Good, that means you're not comptely angery with me."

He sighs, and looks down at me, locking gazes for the first time. I'm breathless by the fiercness in his eyes and the crease between his brows. "When will you stop causing me worry, Love?"

"Porbably never." I say seriously. Hikaru nods, accpeting my answer.

Dipping his head down he plants a sweet kiss on my lips, making sure my toes curl from the warmth flowing through out my body. I break the kiss only to breathe. "If you keep kissing me like this, I'm going to think you actually care."

"I care too damn much." He shakes his head.

Warmth seeps into my chest and I can only simply stare at him. He was so beautiful and he didn't even know it. His eyes trail to mine before looking away, he lets a small smile tug at his lips before continuing walking. My eyes slip shut, against my own will, and I lean my head on his chest.

"Get some rest, we'll be there soon." His voice is the last thing I hear before letting into the desire to close my eyes.

Soft blankets and a warm arm beckon me from sleeep. Blinking my eyes open, I gaze at Hikaru. He was asleep, lips parted and hair mussed, and I knew he deserved the little sleep he was getting- even if I was blushing by now because of how close I was to him- and part of it was my fault. I sigh, feeling my heart expand from sorrow. I kept bringing people pain, whether I meant too or not.

"Why the long face, Love?"

I twitch, surprised to hear his voice. "You're awake?"

"Have been since you woke up." Hikaru opens his eyes.

"You should've said something." I scowl.

He smirks and trails a finger over my lips. "But, I like it when you trail your fingers throug my hair and over my face."