Meeting the hosts and becoming one of them

I lean heavily on Hikaru, Kaoru supporting my other side. During my cry fest my legs had gone numb and I could no longer feel them-Hikaru did promise I would regain feeling to my legs-but pinpricks were beginning. The  tingling pricks running up and down my legs. Red rimed my eyes, the only detail showing I cried recently, and the tear stains on Hikaru's shoulder and chest. The wrinkles in Kaoru's white undershirt didn't help either-only showing how wrinkled I'd made them when my time of despair consumed me.

"Don't speak, let us do the talking." Kaoru whispers, eyes warm and comforting.

Nodding, I duck my head in embarrassment, but also to hide the happy smile consuming my lips and the content filling my eyes. The warmth seeping into my heart filled me with fear and a sense of rightfulness; fear for the unknown and the fright of being broken-rejected-once more. The rightfulness I couldn't place, but the feel of Hikaru and Kaoru beside me felt like fate and if they suddenly disappeared from my side my world would come crashing down, sending me spiralling into a darkness I wouldn't recover from.

"Okay," I lift my head and smile. "Sorry about your clothes by the way. They must cost a fortune."

Chuckles come from the twins, sending my cheeks aflame, and their arms tighten around me. "Don't worry, squirt."

"We have all the money in the world, nothing to worry about."

Smiles adorn their faces, similar to mine, but brighter and softer. Full of hidden meanings and emotions-something I wish in the future my smile will look like; tempting and daring me to keep that smile on their lush lips.

"One day, I'm going to take you two somewhere and show you the greatness of not being rich." I shake my head, snorting in laughter. Picturing the idea of Hikaru and Kaoru doing something that requires actual work was beyond hilarious.

"I'm holding you up to that promise, squirt."

"What happened to love?" My head tilts, eyebrows furrowing as I study Hikaru.

Hikaru's smile twists into a crooked smirk. "So you prefer the nickname 'Love', huh." The teasing glint in his eyes sends shivers down my spine.

"Squirt," Kaoru nudges my shoulder. "That'll be my nickname for you, sounds good?"

"Perfect." I laugh in bliss.

This is how everyday should feel like: full of laughter and giggles. Having nothing to worry about and with no fear in the world. But I suppose nothing last forever.

"Oi!" Kaoru jolts me. "Snap out if. We're back."

I glance up, away from the floor and the thickening of dark thoughts, and stare at the golden handle-the only barrier keeping me from being in the same room with the host club members once more-unblinking and shaking. Gentle fingers sweep back my hair, giving me unsaid confidence. Swallowing I swing open the club's door and hold in a breath, waiting for the looks of reproach and disgust I've seen so many times before.

"Meg!" Arms smash me against a firm chest, cinching me against them and into the air. "God, I've been so worried! Forgive me, I forgot everything. Seeing you with those shady twins set me ajar and I felt like I could tell them by the way they looked at you."

Tears brim, but remain unshed. "It's okay, Will." I whisper, clinging to him.

"Let's restart shall we?" Violet eyes spark warmly from beside the forgotten chair.

I nod hesitantly, bitting my lower lip. My pale eyes nervously flicker between the different boys and Haruhi, determination swimming in their burdened depths.

"Hello, my name is Meg Saya the younger twin. I came from America with my brother and father."

"Will Saya, the older one. I left many friends back in America, but I hope I can meet new ones and enjoy my new life here with my sister and father."