The Ocean and Jerks

The three of us laugh, coming up on the host club memebers. Haruhi turns and welcomes me wtih a warm smile and a quick hug. Tamaki, back to his normal quicky self, picks me up and twirls me around. It didn't last long becuase Hikaru made sure to snatch me out of his arms and back safely by his side. I look at him, but he was already fixing the sweater to cover me again. It was sweet of him, but he was a little posessive, but at least I knew he cared.

"What took you guys so long?" Honey asks, his brown eyes staring innocently at us.

Kaoru groans, running a hand down the side of his fast. "Meg, here, is a picky little girl."

"Excuse me! But, I was not going to where a swimsuit that was basically only strings!" I exclaim, blushing.

Hikaru chockes and thumps his chest to breath again. I turn to him worried, rubbing soothing circles between his shoulder blades. He nods and thanks me as his breathing turns back to normal.

"Then, Meg." Haruhi smirks. "You can be as picky as you want."

I roll my eyes, used to her teasing by now. "Gee, thanks Haruhi."

"Anytime," she winks.

Tamaki watches her, taking in her boy shorts and t-shirt. Disappointment flashes in his eyes, but disappears when he blinks. I think he wanted to see Haruhi in a swimsuit, acting like a girl and not a boy.

I felt bad for him, but it wasn't Haruhi's fault that she had to dress like this. Kyoya- thinking it was a good idea and good coverage- had invited some of their most common customers with them to the beach. If they hadn't been here then Haruhi could be wearing a swimsuit just like me.

"Can we please go to the water now?" I whine, looking at them with puppy eyes. The water was calling me and I really wanted to swim in their blue depths ... well, not exactly swim in their blue depths ... more like drag myself through the water on my hands through the shallow ends.

The hosts give an all around cheer, happy that I had finally voiced what every had been thinking. Hikaru tosses me up and catches me, racing to the water's edge. I squeal in excitment, wrapping my arms around his necka nd burry my head in his shoulder as we hit the water.

I laugh in pure happiness as I feel water splash around me and coat my legs in a light cover of water, but a small trickle of fear coils itself in the pits of my stomach. Hikaru lets me ago and I fall into the water, making a large smile dance across my face as his arms quickly circle around me and being me back to the surface.

"Hurry up!" I wave at everyone to follow. Haruhi stops at teh water's edge and merely dips her toes in. I had foregotten she couldn't come in all the way. Some of my happiness dims and I run over to her. Wrapping my arms around her I realize that I was still wearing Hikaru's jacket. Guilty, I take off the now wet jacket and hang in my arms.

"What's up?" Haruhi raises an eyebrow.

"You looked a little lonely." I say, smiling at her through my lashes. I knew what it was like to be afraid of the water.

"Please don't give me that look, it makes me want to comply to anything you suggest."

I laugh, enjoying Haruhi's easy banter. That's why I loved her so much, she was like my own sister. I feels eyes burning into the back of my head. I turn, knowing it was Hikaru. A flush warms my cheeks and I duck my head in embarrassment.

His eyes were trailing over my body, his eyes bright with desire. He nods his head, telling me he liked the swimsuit. Haruhi, sharp as ever, switches her gaze between her and Hikaru. I shake my head, telling her to leave it for later. She quirks an eyebrow, but nods anyways.