♪ 05 ♪

┌──❀*̥˚──◌────❀*̥˚──┐

𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭

└◌───❀*̥˚ ──◌────❀*̥˚┘

•

[only within quotation marks, aka dialogue]
korean, english

the clock had just struck midnight but elliott was, despite having had a day packed with dance practice, still full of energy.

so the paragraph above might have been a little misleading to you readers. by "full of energy" i mean he was wide awake and plotting an entire fantasy series in his head. i do not mean elliott was going to begin writing that series anytime soon, as his body was completely drained.

"but that's such a good plot," he mumbled to nobody as a way to try and encourage himself to get up and open a new document on his laptop. it only somewhat worked as he managed to sit up, but not much else. "come on, elliott, you lazy idiot. you can do it."

no, you can't.

"shizukanishite," begged akira from beside him in the king-sized bed. the two had been looking at memes on the internet until one had fallen asleep, and the other had . . . created an entire alternate universe in his head.

"gomen," apologized elliott before forcing his legs over the side of the bed. he almost fell to the floor as the usual wave of dizzyness hit him and made his vision black out for a second, but managed to steady himself before going out of the room, his bare feet making padding softly against the carpeted floors.

he went inside the kitchen and rummaged through the cabinets, but they were out of coffee. elliott didn't even like the bittersweet beverage, but it never failed to give him a boost.

being the wattpad fanfiction protagonist he is, he went back to his room, changed into some pants and a black hoodie, and stepped out of the house. elliott was going to get that caffeine into his blood no matter what. it wasn't about writing the story anymore; it was a challenge.

the greater forces thought he wouldn't get what he wanted? ha! he'd show them.

what is it that you're so desperate to prove?