♪ 28 ♪

┌──❀*̥˚──◌────❀*̥˚──┐

𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬

└◌───❀*̥˚ ──◌────❀*̥˚┘

•

[only within quotation marks, aka dialogue]
korean, english

it was the day before the last of k-mansion, and everyone was a mess. some were sad to leave, others were relieved the dumb challnges would be over. elliott was delighted be able to meet tori soon, but he was also not ready to get back to their vigorous schedule that had been paused while they filmed the show.

"i'm going to miss you, hyung."

"i'm gonna miss you, too."

the two maknaes were hanging out in the gaming room. they had tried playing but neither was in the mood and elliott's tendency to get distracted had gotten multiplied by a thousand, so they decided to just stop and chat instead.

suddenly jeongin was behind elliott, his hands resting on his shoulders. he pressed a little and elliott let out a hiss at the sudden spike of pain that shot through his muscles.

"why are you to tense all the time?" asked jeongin as he repeated his actions, causing elliott to groan deeply at the throbbing ache.

truth be told, elliott couldn't relax his body, ever. he was constantly rigid, sometimes even in his sleep. he was just always so scared even though there wasn't anything to fear. alarm bells went off in his head when there was the smallest sign of something going wrong, and if there wasn't, he'd be anxious anyways because everything's too peaceful, disaster's going to strike anytime now.

he remembered one of his first ever meetings with tori. she had been talking to him when they playing random board games and he had randomly spoken up, "it's like . . . every happy moment is the calm before the storm. that's the only way i can put it. the threat won't exist, and i'll know that, but this small voice says, 'what if?' and it all goes downhill again."