Chapter 13

I swiftly turned around shouting for both of them to get out and I heard the door slam close. What the hell?!?! I thought I locked the door though? To my surprise it was silent, I heard footsteps stray further away but I didn't hear any voices.

Thousands of thoughts running through my head, why wasn't it locked? How much did he see? Wait a minute.. WHY WAS HE EVEN HERE??

Slamming the door open I walked down the stairs to see everyone at the table. Todoroki was also there sitting beside Bakugo. I took a seat apologising for being late and his parents began asking questions about school and what Bakugo was like.

I haven't had a good meal like that in a while. And his parents were really nice and friendly. Satisfied with the food i approached Bakugos mother asking her if I could have my clothes back. She seemed reluctant and I wondered why.

That is until, she told me she put them to wash... She let me know that she would get Bakugo to give them to me at school tomorrow. This day couldn't get worse.

After gathering my things I announced my departure and exited the door. I heard a few shouts from his parents saying to come again, and to be safe. I heard an especially loud shout from Bakugo and turned my head to see Bakugo and Todoroki fumbling to get their shoes on and running after me.

I saw his mother smile at me before she closed the door, essentially locking the two boys outside with me. I looked at them for a bit to give them time to adjust their shoes and headed towards my apartment. I stood ahead of them the whole time but I couldn't help feeling their eyes on my back. I came to a stop and turned to face them.

"I'm not sure why you guys came after me but I'll be fine on my way home thanks you can leave now"

I was concerned that they may try to insist on walking me home or not talk to me at all after what happened but whenever I looked one in the eye they turned away or looked down. Why are they embarrassed? Im the one who was underdressed!

"hey, we are walking all the way to your apartment whether you like it or not"

I looked at Bakugo rather annoyed. This is so troublesome. Pissed off I clicked my tongue turning away from them and continuing down the street towards my apartment.

They stayed withing a meter distance from me until I felt a hand grab my shoulder, pulling me to a stop. I turned around ready to scream at Bakugo for stopping me but I turned to see Todoroki, his eyes looking down. His face was full of sadness, pity I think?

I opened my mouth to say something but Bakugo talked first.

"hey what was the reason you came to my house today?"

Oh so now he asks? After making me spar with him and eat dinner with his family.

"I already told you, I came to you because you were the closest and quickest source, of smoke"

Something seemed to click into his head and his face scrunched up more, if that's even possible.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to make it seem like I'm using you as a tool, this will be the last time"

I tried pulling my shoulder away from Todorokis hand but it just tightened, making me wince from the pain. I have a cut there too. Using my hand to try and ply his arm away didn't work either as he just grabbed my wrist also tightening his grip.

"why..."

"uhm why what?"

"why did you need smoke?"

Todorki stull didn't look me in the eyes, head hanging low. I was starting to be a bit concerned. Is he sick?

Then it clicked. Oh my god. Them seeing me underdressed is the least of my worries, they must have seen the cuts and burns on my arms and back.

Worried about what he would do next I broke my hand out of his grip and pulled my shoulder away.

"I wanted to try a new strength enhance trick, that's all"

I smiled at them both before turning away and turning to smoke, going home.

"goodnight guys, see you tomorrow at school"

I landed on the balcony of my apartment opening the glass sliding door. I flipped the switch, but none of the lights turned on. No way did Aizawa forget to pay my electricity bill again? I guess it time I found a part-time job but its still his obligation to pay for these things for me.

I swear that man is hopeless, too tired to get to my bed I collapsed on the couch. Lying down on my stomach and grasping a pillow I stood still for a few minutes, taking deep breathes and accumalting my quirk at the surface of my skin, slowly regenerating the cuts.

I'm not sure when I fell asleep but I woke up to the sound of creaking wood. You can't be serious, a burglar? I already had a shitty day, it never gets better does it. Turning my phone on to check the time, 2am?!?

I got up from the couch rather slowly and sluggishly expecting to find them near the entrance of my apartment. Unexpectedly I bumped into something bigger than me. I don't think there was a lamp or shelf there?!!

I felt a pair of hands wrap around my neck, slowly tightening their grip. I used my quirk turning my upper body to smoke slipping through his hands. Getting down and kicking his legs, he fell to the ground. I made a knife out of smoke and held it up to their neck.

I saw a blue light from the corner of my eyes and it starting getting bigger. I got off the intruder and they picked themselves up lighting a blue flame in their palm.

"you should fix your lights Y/N, what would you do if I were a burglar?"

Exhausted I collapsed onto the couch.

"the hell Dabi? It's 2 in the fucken morning, why are you here?"

"aww Y/N were you scared?"

In that instant lightning struck, illuminating his face and his awful smile. Annoyed I got up to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water.

"ok ok, so you know the UA sports festival? Your going to have to forfeit we need you for another mission".

Are you serious?!? I need to participate in something or else I won't get any recognition from heroes. He could already see my face.

He handed me a small notebook which upon opening it had a list of names that went on for 3 full pages.
Looking back up at him he only smiled at me and brought his thumb to his neck swiping it across his neck.
So he wants me to kill these heroes??

"I want to get paid this time, you've seen it, I can't even pay to keep the lights on"

Dabi nodded in response and began giving me the reasoning of why each hero was on the list.

"pfft why isn't All Might on this list?"

"He is not yours to kill, sweet Y/N"

Pissed off I punched his face and pushed him out of my appartment. I really wanted to fight Bakugo or Todoroki. Maybe even Deku since he has All Mights power, well only a fraction of it but I can get a taste for it.