Chapter 25

I woke up the next day, my body aching all over. I shifted onto my side which I soon learned was a mistake. I felt a sharp pain in my back, making me tumble down off the roof. I landed on a small balcony with short metal railings. Not enough to stop a child from falling off...

Glancing up to see where I had fallen from a dark figure looked down on me. For a second I thought I heard a snicker. It was still very early in the morning and the sun was just coming up.

"excited to see the scene???"
Realising I was going to miss the sun I hopped back onto the rooftop and sat beside Akaguro.

"hey kid, sleep well??"

I was taken back by the new name he had cast on me.

"kid?"

Turning my head to face him, my eyebrows furrowed clearly showing my discontent. I may be younger than him but I like to think im alot more mature than my age.

Akaguro laughed it off averting his head back to the sunrise. I leaned back on the chimney finding a comfortable enough position to watch the sky. I always loved seeing the sky from outside, at night when the stars were out and in the day looking at the clouds. Watching them as they shift slowly in one direction eventually losing site of them.

When the sky was clear I would stare up imagining, hoping something was out there, space, heaven whatever people believe in nowadays.

I was the first one to get up, I pulled myself up steadily on the rooftop, some tiles shuffling out of place nearly making me slip and fall off but Akaguro caught me in time.

"thanks"

??? POV
A dark, large figure sat beside her, she seemed relaxed. They looked at the sky for a bit until Y/N stood up abruptly tripping on a rooftile. She was quickly caught by the figure adjusting her balance to make sure she didn't fall again.

What are you doing here? And who is that with you? I couldn't get any closer or else I was sure my presence would be figured out.

I waited and watched the two as they jumped down walking further down the alleyway seemingly disappearing into dust. Flustered I looked around frantically looking for a trace as to where they could have disappeared to but was interrupted by a text message.

Having to retreat I turned back leaving the city. Hopefully nothing happens...

Y/N POV
I turned to my list of heroes, figuring out who was closest to us while Akaguro went off after other heroes. While walking through one alley I was stopped by a tall man covered in heavy metal white armour like clothes. Engines could be seen at his feet and he gave off a sense of pride. He began questioning me, who I was if I was alone etc. But I turned away ignoring him.

I don't know which hero he is so he must not be important but something about his outfit or even his Quirk strikes me as familiar. I couldn't put my finger on it. Akaguro had come back and the two seemed to have a stare off until he pounced on the hero. I opened my mouth to scream at him to stop only to retreat backwards.

His whole ideal are fake heroes so if this hero can't hold his own against him then he must not be very strong. I stood on the sidelines watching the two battle it out until Akaguro turned to me racing towards me. He looked as if he was going to attack me. My body unconsciously went into a defence position before I could think until a big black shadow was cast over me.

Looking up I saw the man in front of me blocking the blow, screaming at me to run. I backed away increasing the distance from the two still watching. I won't lie, a part of me felt guilty that he had sacrificed his life to save mine but at the same time I never asked him to, and he was at fault for thinking I was some helpless child.

Turning to the next hero of my list I called Akaguro over and we continued our onslaught. How fun :)

Sometimes I wonder how I would have turned out if things were different. If they never took my dad away. If my mother was the least bit caring as a mother should have been. If I wasn't forced into a pact with All For One. If I hadn't been so damn naive, would I have been able to live a carefree life with Todoroki? Would I not have to be scared for my friends and families safety?

I rarely dreamt and when I did I always had nightmares of my past events. Lucid dreams were the worst, when I made a different choice, when the backlash would be severe. I was never one to shy away from a battle but had I been raised differently would I still enjoy it so much now?

I woke up to a sudden noise, shifting my head to the side my eyes layed on Akaguro. He wasn't lying down, he sat up looking up at the moon. I wondered if he ever got any sleep, I wonder if he would look peaceful in his sleep or if he would look just as distressed.

Unable to return back to my empty blackness I call sleeping I picked myself up suggesting we take a small detour. He raised an eyebrow and the corners of his mouth slowly lifted. Well I didn't mean it in that way but I guess we could kill more heroes on the way.

Walking out of the store I handed a bag of food to Akaguro.

"Gotta eat to survive mate".

He looked back at me bewildered, staring at the bag and it's contents. I sighed turning away heading towards some back streets in town.

"I'm so bored, the heroes don't even put up a fight what should we do?"

Akaguro glanced back at me, stuffing his face with food. He continued to eat while surveying the area around us eyeing one of the alleyways. Curious as to what he was looking at I followed his gaze. My eyes landed on a young boy, around my age. Drak hair, glasses and the same Quirk as the man we had come upon a few days ago.

Noticing the boy as Iida I jumped up, worried for his safety I prepared to approach him but was quickly stopped by the loud noises of screams, cries and explosions.

Oh... Its already begun...