Chapter 2

Aizawa was not my actual blood related family however he took me in when I had no one and he looked after me.

We aren't really close or anything and I can understand now that he wasn't really cut out to be a dad or a parental figure because he was never really around much. He had taken me in but I lived in an apartment away from him which he rented out for me.

Granted, I was incredibly young but he stops by every now and then with food and other supplies. We always sparred together of course I always lost but he always made sure to let me know I had improved in one area or another.

The last few months of junior high passed quickly. My school days consisted of me minding my own business and ignoring others any chance I got.

Sparky sparky boom boom kid stopped screaming at me and eventually left me alone after a few weeks of broccoli intervening. Broccoli head also continued being bullied throughout the duration of the year.

I found it awful that no one bothered standing up to sparks but I guess I was no different. I wasn't afraid of him I just didn't want to get expelled again.

I am not a loner I just like to think of myself as reserved. I don't necessarily have no friends but I don't consider my classmates as friends we aren't close enough for that. I'd like to call them more of acquaintances, we talk from time to time but I wouldn't spend my day with them in or outside of school.

Broccoli head definitely kept insisting on talking to me and making friends in the first few weeks I transferred but I'm sure he finally got the message and left me alone.

Therefore the last month went by smoothly without trouble, that is until one day at school the teacher had so kindly let everyone in class know that 2 people were aiming to get into UA. Sparks blew up screaming at Broccoli. It was to be expected and I was sure Broccoli wouldn't hear the end of it.

I just hope they aren't in my class next year.

And so summer holidays had begun. I decided I was going to push it this time. I'm going to train my quirk everyday until I faint. Okay maybe not faint but close to that. And so I did.

Aizawa stopped by a couple of times but he got busier with hero work and UA. 

My quirk is called Asher. It lets me control smoke and ashes and I can manipulate it however I want to.

I first noticed it when a house went up in flames down the street. I hid behind my mother at the time but the smoke and ash from the fire had slowly drawn towards me and my body had absorbed it creating a barrier around me.

I can turn  my whole body into smoke for a few seconds, and a body part for minutes. With my training i extended those times drastically and I get tired a lot less often.

When I turn into smoke I can go through vents and small gaps. When I was a lot younger Aizawa told me that I had created toys and dolls of smoke to play with.

He may not have always been there and he might not deserve a father of the year award but he is the closest person to me and he was more of a father than my real father ever was. 

My training consisted of a lot of physical exercises to keep my body in shape. I figured out that my body's condition played a big part in how well i could use my smoke, after that I trained my body to be both flexible and strong.

My phone's ringtone snapped me back to reality. I picked it up and heard the best news I could have asked for. Aizawa recommended me to UA and I got in, Perfect. I didn't have to bother with some stupid entrance exam and waste more training time.