Chapter 15

I was at home in my apartment, Todorki there beside me. Huh looks like he's growing on me, I may be more infatuated than I first thought. We were smiling, laughing, having fun. But it ended far too quickly, I knew it was too good to be true...

We were in a battlefield, All Might was fighting All For One. It was weird, I thought I wanted him dead but the persons death I was looking forward to the most was not him, it was All For One.

Maybe, just maybe if he died I could be free. But of course it wasn't that easy, whenever All For One would get trapped into a corner he would call for me. Either to shield him or attack. He knew All Might wouldn't hit a child and he used it to his advantage. I knew All Might couldn't hold out for long, not with the way this was going.

So the final time he ordered me to protect him, I didn't. But it was weird, I didn't get any backlash, I didn't feel any pain. I turned to face Todoroki ecstatic by my newfound freedom only to be faced with horror.

He had coughed up blood, more than I had ever soaking his whole body in it. He collapsed into my arms, his limbs going limp.

I couldn't say anything, I couldn't do anything. My mind went blank. Screaming, thrashing, unleashing my quirk like crazy I began uncontrollably crying.

Why did I care about him this much? Did he mean so much to me that I would even BEG All For One? I would sacrifice my freedom if he could be unharmed, if he could one day reach the freedom that I will never get.

I thought it was over, I thought he had died. But everything, everything, the ground, the sky, All Might, All For One and even Todoroki, they all disappeared. They all left me.

"This is what will happen if you don't obey orders Y/N"

Screaming and crying I jumped up from my dream banging my forehead off something hard. Gripping my head I held myself up looking at what obstructed me. Todoroki sat close beside me groaning from pain.

Oh SHIT!! Did I hit him? Panicking I further approached him practically leaning on him to take a close look at his face.

"Shit im sorry Todoroki, are you OK?"

His face turning red he only nodded and looked away. Looking at his face to see any sign of bruising or cuts I saw blood. Omg what. He got a nosebleed.

I started shouting sorry flailing my arms and jumping up helping him up with me. He kept reassuring me he was fine and at one point he placed his hand on my face. I was quite confused until he rubbed his thumb under my eye almost wiping something away.

"I'm fine but are you sure you are?"

I looked down and only just noticed I was crying. It must have been from my dream. I awkwardly laughed it off changing topic while walking him to the infirmary.

We chatted awhile before we headed our separate ways going home. I stopped in front of my apartment door.

"Whisp, someone's in there"

Glaring at the door I silently turned the knob slowly pushing the door open making a creaking sound from the rusty hinges.

The lights were off as usual, using my hands I tried feeling for a switch and as soon as I flipped the switch a knife was held to my throat. You know... My apartment security is really shit I should find another place to move.

Not moving or saying anything I waited for the 'mysterious person' to speak. I half expected it to be someone from the league of villains, maybe a warning. Or it could be a classmate that doesn't trust me.

To my surprise it was none of the above. The light lit up his face and he seemed to be an old, drunk man. I tried to speak but he pushed the knife further against my neck.

Slowly putting my arms up to show that I wasn't using my quirk or trying anything he smiled and quickly slid the knife against my neck.

I turned into smoke just in time kicking him down on the floor, throwing away his knife and suffocating him enough until he lost consciousness. Touching my neck I saw blood on my hands, damn that's gonna leave a mark.

Sighing a breath of relief I lay one of my feet on top of the unconscious body in triumph. I was interrupted by the door slamming open. Expecting it to be more of them I made a knife of smoke but when I saw who it was I disintegrated it.

"uhm.. Todoroki, what are you doing here?"

Pretty confused I got off the body and stood still expecting a response, he seemed out of breath, he was panting heavily looking at me in relief. With no warning whatsoever he ran towards me embracing me in a hug.

I panicked and started shuffling my way out but he only tightened the hug while saying nothing. It was nice.. And warm... WAIT no I can't, even if I like him I can't put him in danger, he doesn't deserve it.

"your ok..."

I'm OK?? Why wouldn't I be? I have good control over my quirk, more than he knows and I could hold my own against plenty of pro heroes. A bit offended by his words I looked at him.

"Right sorry, I know you have your quirk but Whisp came running to me playing a recording of your voice saying there was an intruder, I was worried."

He didn't say anything else and I was left a bit dumbfounded. Wait a minute, Whisp when did you even get the chance to reach Todoroki, well actually, why Todoroki?

Feeling a bit awkward still being in his embrace I broke out of the hug and reassured him while pointing to the unconscious man on my floor that I was fine. He still seemed worried so I invited him in for a chat and a drink.

We talked for quite a while until an alarm of mine went off letting me know I should go to sleep, well I guess I stayed up pretty late.

We said our goodbyes and he left. Happy and contempt with my evening I collapsed on the bed breathing a sigh of relief, but my relaxation was short lived as a knock on my door was heard.

Opening the door I saw Sparks, what is he doing at my house at this time?

"oh.. Sparks.."

He let himself in, which was quite rude to be honest and sit himself on the couch telling me he needed to talk to me.

"hey, your strong and.. You fight good... And... And.."

I looked at him, tapping my fingers waiting for him to finish so I could just go to sleep. Why can I never get home in peace, there's always someone waiting for me or I'm always interrupted.

"WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS THAT I LIKE YOU"

Wait a minute... What?!?!