Chapter 22

I could see all their expressions, some of shock, others of worry and pity. The distress was evident in my face, it was clearly the truth even if I tried to deny it.

I left the room, no one stopped me. I slammed the door behind me. I overheard them whispering, them talking.

"i thought that child had died years ago"

"Aizawa were you keeping this from us?"

"How did she survive"

It was pretty dark outside but i ran, it was raining but i still ran. I didn't use my quirk to get home faster and escape the rain, although it would have been smarter.

There i was like a crazy kid looking as if i ran away from home. I hadn't realized at the time but my eyes had welled up in tears. Probably didn't notice because of the rain. I didn't look back, I didn't dare see the faces of those murderers, those that call themselves 'heroes'.

But where was i to go? Back to my apartment? No, Aizawa could come by, i didn't want to see him right now. I want to disappear, go somewhere where no one knows me, somewhere where these fake heroes and villains don't exist. I want to be free..

Lost in thought I slipped scraping my knee on the ground, it was strange though. My quirk didnt heal my injury. It was the first time in a long while i had seen a physical injury.

If he saw me now he would think im pathetic. He's not wrong, maybe deep down I still think I cant live up to his expectations.

They had no right...How could they do that, how could they force a CHILD like that. This just further proves my point. They are no heroes.

I picked myself up, frozen in place. Regrets, buried thoughts ive had for years. Like a devil on your shoulder telling you to take revenge. But what would revenge do for me. It wont erase my memories. It wont erase my scars.

I found myself in front of my apartment anyways, I wouldn't want to go impose on Spark's family again especially after I basically rejected him. Deku always looks happy with his mom, who am i disturb his time with his family. I shouldn't disturb them. Let them enjoy the time they have left, leave them with no regrets.

I was wrong to say no, i was wrong to tell him I couldn't, why do i always think of him when i feel like shit. Its like my mind is trying to kill me, my consciousness trying to kill itself, pretty funny if you ask me.

Looking up at the entrance to my apartment block from afar I saw a man with a fur coat jacket, his hood up as if he didn't want to be identified. He held a phone in his hand seemingly talking to someone.
He's probably a pro hero or something...

My quirk was having difficulty with me right now, as if it was fighting me so I couldn't just go to my apartment through the balcony even if I wanted to.

I really didn't want to deal with pro heroes, that's the main reason i didn't want to come home but. Its my home, so they cant restrict me from trying to go home. I approached the entrance and the man turned around.

As if a cliché moment from a movie happened the wind blew the hood off of his head and the sparkling red and white hair could be seen. I froze in place for a second, properly observing him.

He looked worried, he seemed anxious. As soon as i saw him, as soon as I recognized him I lost all reason. My body ran on its own, I couldn't even comprehend the situation, my body ran towards him without thinking.

Having no control I instantly jumped into his arms, hugging him tightly. Balling my eyes out and not saying anything.

I'm so stupid, I don't deserve him. After everything I tried to do to keep myself away I'm the one who ends up practically running into his arms.

I felt bad, he was pretty nervous when I jumped in his arms. I heard a sound which I assumed was the phone falling and colliding with the ground. I'm sorry.... (ill probably have to pay for the repairs)

When he finally grasped the situation he hugged me back, trying to calm me down. I don't know how long it was, how long I stayed in his arms, but after a while I broke the hug looking him in the eyes.

If I didn't know any better I would think he's the one in trouble, he looked more hurt than me. I could guess he's probably never had something like this happen. Well I can say the same.

There was a moment of silence where I didn't dare say anything except look at him. He also didn't say anything either, maybe due to the shock.

I broke the silence inviting him in which he accepted rather quickly. I entered the apartment and turned on the lights. I forgot he's been here before.

There's nothing suspicious here right? Should I ask Todoroki if he's seen any heroes walk in? Todoroki sat me down on the couch taking a first aid kit from a drawer in the kitchen. I felt pretty awkward but it was nice.. Having someone to take care of me

But I have to address the situation with my quirk. It wasn't working, and from what I can see Eraserhead isn't just hiding somewhere trying to erase my quirk.

I've also thought that it could be my mental state. But it still didn't add up, no matter how much of a wreck I was in the past my quirk didn't just cease to work, it would go out of control.

"hey, you're not doing it properly"

Might as well tease him while he's here. He looked up at me confused but went back to cleaning up my leg.

"uhm, I'm sorry for you know, suddenly attacking you and all.."

He chuckled a bit after I apologised and finished cleaning my cut. Standing up he went to the kitchen getting me a glass of water from the kitchen. Am I the only one confused?

I don't think he's said anything this whole time, what's he thinking.

I told him I'd go into my bedroom to get something but he only nodded heading back to the kitchen. Before I left I kissed him on the cheek.

He just backed away, his face clearly flushed. Am I going to far? After saying I practically wanted nothing to do with him.

Todoroki's POV
This was too much, I nodded letting her know I heard her and instead of leaving she further approached me and kissed me on the cheek.

Shocked I jumped back, covering my face with my hand. She smiled playfully and walked away. I turned away looking at the fridge.

A coloured post it note was stuck on the fridge, with large writing it read:

I'm sorry Y/N
-Aizawa

Sorry for what? Is that one of the reasons she was crying? But I didn't see anyone enter or exit her apartment.

Shortly after I heard rattling from her room. Startled I walked over knocking on the door asking if she was alright.

I didn't get a reply, there wasn't any sounds it was silent. Worried about the note I threw open the door.

"what the hell?"