Chapter 13: Wanna dance?

"Fleur come on now!" I called Fleur because she took hours in the bathroom getting ready and I didn't want to be late.

"Nearly there!" she called through the locked bathroom door.

I rolled my eyes and put on my dress.

I used a simple charm to curl my hair slightly and put half of it up with a baby blue ribbon.

Afterwards I put on my heels that matched the whole outfit, which my mum sent me.

I walked over to the bathroom again and slammed on the door "Fleur if you are not coming out in a few seconds we are going to be late and I am going to break down the door!" I yelled

Just seconds after the door opened and Fleur stepped outside. She was ready before but then suddenly rushed to the bathroom telling me she needed to fix something.

"Y/N I am nervous!" she confessed "All the 3 schools are gonna be watching and what if I am going to step on Roger's feet or something?" she looked slightly worried

"You defeated a dragon in front of everyone!" I tried to encourage her "A little dance won't be as dangerous or hard!"

"I hope you're right but I am still a bit nervous!"

"Just go in there with Davies and just dance!" I told her "But we really have to leave now!" I told her one last time.

We made our way to the Great Hall and walked down the marble staircase.

"Seems like Davies is all excited!" I whispered to Fleur when I saw that Roger Davies approached us "Good luck!" I told her before leaving Fleur and her date alone and starting looking out for Dean.

"Y/N!" someone called me and I turned around to see Dean calling out for me

"Dean!" I walked towards him"You look quite nice today!"

"I have to admit that you don't look to bad yourself!" he chuckled

Fred's POV

"Dean Thomas?!" I looked at my brother "Well they seem to get along!" I sighed

"Oh come Freddie if you would've just acted like a normal human being; you would have asked her if that boy asked her!"

"That was a lot of "ask" in one sentence!" I laughed "I was so sure!"

"Well brother, it is too late now! And I swear you are gonna be mean to Angelina all night just blow the date off 'cause that is just not fair!"

"I won't! I will try to have a good evening!" I assured him"But if they don't turn up in 5 minutes I am going in alone!"

"That is not gonna happen!" George smiled at me and I saw Alicia, Katie and Angelina coming down the stairs. He blushed slightly

"You really like her don't you!" I grinned

"Shut up!" George chuckled

Your POV

"Wanna dance?" Dean offered me his hand after a few other pairs joined the Champions. Fleur ended up not messing up dancing but Harry Potter on the other seemed to have struggled.

"Sure!" I took his hand and he led me to the dance floor.

We danced for a bit and it turned out that he was actually a really good dancer.

After a while both of us were a bit exhausted

"I am gonna get us drinks!" Dean told me and went off

"So how is it going with my best friend?" Seamus was suddenly standing next to me

"Fine!" I said awkwardly "You know he is quite a good dancer"

"And?"

"There is no and Seamus!" I rolled my eyes

"Fine" he laughed

"And how is it going with your date?" I asked him

"She is actually quite cool! Don't think that there is much more though!" he chuckled

Shortly after Dean returned with 2 cups.

"Gotta look what Lavender is doing!" Seamus quickly excused himself and disappeared in the crowd again.

"Sorry took so long but I bumped into a guy and I spilled a bit. I hope it's still fine" he handed me one of the cups

"Oh no it's fine" I took one of the cups. But when I wanted to take a sip I noticed the smell of cinnamon and gunpowder and sweets and something else.

"Does your drink smell kinda odd?" I asked Dean, who was just about to take a sip

"It does!" he said while looking at the liquid inside of his cup

"Can I have yours for a second?" I asked him. I was worrying that something wasn't right

"Sure," he handed me his drink "It kinda smells like gunpowder and wood!" he told me, confused.

But when I smelled at the cup it smelled just like my drink like cinnamon,gunpowder and sweets. Dean probably thought that I was just simply acting crazy but then I realised it.

"We shouldn't drink that!" I told Dean handing him his cup back

"Why not?" he asked confused

"I do believe that someone put love potion in these drinks!" I explained looking into Dean's confused face "We studied just a few weeks ago. It is supposed to smell different to each individual like what attracts him! Since I smelled the same thing both times but you smelled something different I am pretty sure!"

"Do you think that all the drinks have love potion in it?" Dean asked confused

"Not really because then the Great Hall would probably look different" I laughed at the thought "I think that the guy you bumped into just slipped it into our drinks"

"Oh...." Dean said still looking confused but also sorry

"It is not your fault Dean!" I assured him "You could not have known!"

He nodded slightly.

We sat down on the provided chairs and tables in the Great Hall. Dean told me about his favourite team of a Mugglesport, which I found quite interesting.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick!" I excused myself and made my way to one of the bathrooms.

I went into one of the smaller girls bathrooms but when I opened the door I saw a couple making out. For me it was a bit uncomfortable so I quickly closed the door again.

I didn't want anything similar to happen again so I decided to quickly head to my dorm and use the bathroom there.

I thought about the shortest route and I decided to walk over the courtyard. It was pretty cold but for some reason it wasn't uncomfortable at all.

I was just about to open the wooden door that was leading inside again when I saw another couple. Honestly can't they go to their dorms. I recognized the red hair shortly after and it took me only seconds to realise that it wasn't George but Fred.

I had a weird feeling and I was uncomfortable again so I stepped inside real quick. But strangely it was another kind of discomfort then I felt before.

I thought about the feeling when Fred asked Angelina to the ball and it felt the same. Could it maybe be jealousy. But then that would mean that I definitely have feelings for Fred. It is not like I can speak for experience.

But I actually started to believe that I might like him. I mean I always had a weird feeling but like.... I didn't really believe in it.

I tried to shake my thoughts away as good as possible when I returned to the ball.

Dancing and listening to the Weird Sister was so much fun and I really enjoy their music. Seamus joined Dean and I with Lavender later on.

Lavender seems like a really nice girl

We all left the ball shortly after the Weird Sisters left because the Great Hall was first of all emptying anyways and only couples dancing to slow music were left.

So we all decided to head back to our dorms and I left the group shortly after.