Chapter 36: You wouldn't annoy us

As I took the letter off the owl's leg I saw that the letter was from the school in Scotland.

Dear Ms. Y/N Y/L/N,

After carefully reviewing your application, we regret to inform you that we are not offering you admission to Scotland's school for becoming healers. We acknowledge the time and energy put into your application and congratulate you on your academic accomplishments. This year's pool of applicants was the largest and most accomplished we've ever received, making our decision very difficult. Although we'd like to extend admission to all our applicants, we have limited space in our school.

We'd like to congratulate you on your impressive academic accomplishments and are confident you will continue to pursue excellence in your studies. Thank you for your time and effort in applying and we wish you the best of luck in your future!

Best regards,

Antoinette Roberts

Even though I still wasn't completely sure if I was doing the right thing, I still felt a wave of disappointment over me.I guess some of me wished that I would actually have a shot.

"Who is it from?" mum came rushing down the stairs "You will need to update Pierre about it!" She told me because Pierre had to leave a week ago to go back to Egypt.

"I didn't get in" I said in a disappointed tone

"Oh don't be so disappointed Y/N! There still two letters you are waiting for" mum smiled

"Yeah you're right" I smiled weakly

Another 5 days had passed until the next unfamiliar owl made its way into our living room.

My mum called me from downstairs and I made my way into the living room as another owl nearly hit my face.

"The first one is the one from the school in London" mum informed me "and I suspect that the other one is the one from France"

As I took the letter from the later arrived owl, my mum handed me the other letter, which I opened first.

Dear Y/N Y/L/N,

On behalf of St Mungo's school for healers I am pleased to congratulate you on your acceptance into our program for this semester. We were very impressed by your academic history and believe that you will prove that our confidence in you is not unfounded.

Enclosed with this letter, please find the necessary list of books and requirements you will need for this semester as well as a form for you to fill out and return by August 15. You will be contacted upon receipt of the form by our student advisor, who will give you all further details regarding scheduling.

We at St Mungo's school for healers are pleased to welcome you and feel that you will make a great addition to our student body. We wish you the very best in success in your future and hope that you will find all of your needs satisfactorily met here. Thank you for your prompt attention and for choosing St Mungo's school for healers

Yours sincerely,

Stewart Mills

"What does it say?" Mum peaked over my shoulder as I kept rereading the letter

"I ehm I think I got in"

"WHAT? This is so amazing Y/N! I am so proud of you!" Mum hugged me "Aren't you happy?" she looked at me

"It's just that I don't realise it yet" I sighed

"Come on, you should open the other one too" she handed me the last letter and I opened it