Chapter 22: Dance it out!

I was waiting for Fred in the library. This morning I got the letter that my brother wouldn't come home for the summer holidays. I haven't seen him in over a year and it ruined my day. I also had loads of homework I had to do and I was just stressed.

I opened my textbook and started to work on my homework. I saw the rain falling against the big windows.

"There you are, Darling!" I looked up and looked into a smiling face of Fred

"Hey!" I sighed

"What's wrong with you?" he sat down looking worried

"Just had a bad day"

"What happened?"

"My mum wrote this morning that Pierre is not coming home for the summer and I just have so much to do" I explained looking down

"Do you know why it is called present?" Fred asked me

"What?" I was confused by his question

"Why it is called present?" Fred repeated the question "Because everyday is a gift!"

"What are you trying to say?"

"That you shouldn't be too frustrated and enjoy every single day!" he grinned mischievously

"What are you plotting now?"

"Wait here!" he told me before he left me alone again. This boy is so confusing sometimes. I checked my watch and I realised that it was close to curfew. I usually met with Fred before dinner but he told me yesterday that he had detention before dinner for pranking Filch again.

I've waited for what felt like half an hour but when Fred finally returned he carried a weird looking thing with him.

"what is that?" I asked confused

"My dad gave it to me! It's something Muggles use!" Fred explained "It can play music! Come on I want to show you something!"

"But I got work to do!"

"NOW!" Fred nearly screamed and I gave in before getting thrown out of the library.

He then took my hand and led me out of the library. I didn't know we were going and it worried me. He led me through corridors I have never seen before

"Fred where are we going?" I asked him without receiving an answer

But then we suddenly stopped "Ready?" Fred looked at me

"For what?"

"To dance it out!" he smiled and opened a door and stepped outside into the rain

"ARE YOU INSANE?" I screamed against the rain

"You won't leave me alone will you?" he asked

"But why would I go outside when it is raining?" I was still confused by his behaviour

"Because you will feel better afterwards!" Fred stepped inside again, already completely soaked "I promise!"

"Fine!" I took his offered hand and followed him outside. The rain hit me as soon as we were outside

I saw Fred putting something into this weird Muggle thing and suddenly music started to play

"What now?"

"We dance everything out!" Fred smiled, took my hand and twirled me around.

It felt like the world stopped. It was only Fred, me, the rain and the music playing in the background. Every problem in the world seemed to wash away.

I felt like I was the main character in a movie that Muggle watched all the time and my Mum showed me once.

Muggles would probably describe this feeling as "magical".

I didn't have to worry about anything and I never wanted to lose this feeling.

But sadly everything has to go to an end and as we stopped looking into each other's faces out of breath after a while we both started smiling at the same time.

"Feeling better?"

"Yes thank you, Fred!"

"I told you!" he laughed

Seconds later our lips met. It was like the first time Fred ever kissed me. The music was still playing in the background and in this exact second it just felt like we were meant for each other.

We walked back into the castle hand-in- hand. Fred started leading me through strange corridors and suddenly we were standing in front of a familiar looking portrait.

"I'm gonna get you something dry to wear!" Fred told me

"I can just go to my dorm and get some stuff"

"Nope you can't" Fred smiled "Wait here! I am gonna be back any seconds" he told me.

There I was standing in front of a portrait in my wet clothes waiting for Fred.

"Here you go Darling" Fred me handed me a red, golden jumper as soon as he returned

"Is that-" I looked at Fred "Your Quidditch jumper?"

"It is" he smiled

"You can't just give me your Quidditch jumper! What if I lose it and never be able to give it back to you?"

"Well first of all you have to represent my house somehow!" he smiled

"I am sorry but I will always be for my own school!" I chuckled

"I am not talking about the tournament" he chuckled "You should wear it to shoe off that you would be for Gryffindor if they would be Quidditch"

"Thank you but you can't just give it to me!"

"Stop worrying so much Y/N! It is too small for me anyway so I would need to get a new one next year!"

"You sure?" I asked him again still not sure

"Yes!" Fred laughed "You can keep it" he kissed me on the forehead "I will see you tomorrow!"

"Thanks again!" I smiled "for everything! See you tomorrow!"

"Au Plus!" Fred shouted after me.