Chapter 43: The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming

After we celebrated Harry's birthday the day before, the wedding was planned for today.

The last 2 days were probably one of the most stressful ever. There were loads of preparations to be done and Mrs. Weasley kept telling everyone what to do.

Fleur's parents already arrived with Gabriel a few days before the wedding.

Today the last preparations were made, like building up the tent outside for the guests and getting ready in general.

Guests were already arriving and Fleur was still upstairs getting ready, getting more nervous by the second .

I walked outside to take a look at what was going on when I saw Fred, George, Ron and Harry, who looked like a Weasley because he took some polyjuice potion before.

"When I get married" I heard Fred say, tugging at the collar of his robes "I won't be bothering with any of this nonsense. You can all wear what you like, and I'll put a full Body-Bind Curse on mum until it's all over"

"Is that so?" I smiled. My sudden appearance made Fred jump slightly before he turned around.

"I-woah you look- stunning" he looked me up and down.

"Well thank you" I chuckled "I got to admit that you don't look too bad yourself"

"Awww thank you love" Fred smiled. It seemed as though Ron and Harry were not the most comfortable in the situation so they made their way to the coming guests

"I think you scared them" George said, laughing

"They were just jealous Georgie" Fred smiled

"Because you don't want a big wedding? I don't believe that" George joked "Anyways I'll see if Katie made it yet" he said before he left.

"So you don't want to have a big wedding?" I asked him, repeating what he said earlier.

"I mean yeah! I don't need any of this special decorations and stuff" he explained

"I don't really know I mean it would be nice so have some guests though" I said

"You have a point! Especially because they would want to see Fleur's beautiful veela cousin walking down the aisle" he smirked

"Ahh so you want to marry one of them?" I asked crossing my arms , already knowing that he was joking

"I-ehm" he said lost of ,seemed to be taken back by my reaction

"Ah ok I am leaving then" I turned around grinning, pretending to walk away.

But Fred held me back by arm looking concerned "I was joking alright".

"I know Freddie" I started laughing.

"Wait really?" he said, looking at me surprised

"I have literally known you for nearly 4 years now and been dating you for over 3 year" I said still laughing "I think that I know you pretty well by now"

"I-I don't know what to say! I mean you didn't fall for it" Fred said "That never really happens to me! Well maybe with Ginny"

"Yeah I guess I just know you too well," I said, turning around dramatically again and making my way back to the Burrow, leaving Fred standing alone, still surprised.

"Y/N" Fleur rushed over to me as soon as I entered the Burrow "I don't think I can do this! There are too many people watching!" she said checking herself in the mirror "Has everyone arrived? Has Viktor made it?"

"Viktor?" I asked surprised. "You invited Viktor Krum?"

"Yes I did! I mean with the tournament and all!" she looked at my surprised face "Look I know that he hurt me but that wasn't him! He was cursed and in the end we all went through this together! I mean Harry is here too"

"I know! I am not mad or anything! I was just surprised" I told her "Come on, it's nearly time for you to walk down that aisle" I said as I checked the time

"I am nervous" she confessed "But I just need to take a deep breath! I can do this!"

"YES! You can do this!" I encouraged her.

Fleur made her way outside, followed by me, walking over to her dad, who would be leading her down the aisle.

I took my place next to Ginny and Gabriel because we would be walking down the aisle after Fleur and her dad as her bridesmaid.

The ceremony was so beautiful and romantic. Everything was going after plan and when all the chairs from the ceremony were moved away, a dance floor was created.

Bill and Fleur of course opened the dance but were joined by others quickly after.

"Hello beautiful! Can I have this dance?" Fred offered his hand

"Mhm I don't know" I smiled "of course" I added, taking his hand.

Fred led me onto the dance floor, which was quite crowded by now.

We didn't have a lot of time for ourselves as Lee joined us shortly after, as well as Ginny.

After a while George and Katie joined the dance floor too.

Katie was wearing light blue robes, to George's surprise as he told when Katie was out of sight for a few seconds, getting us all something to drink.

Being on the dance floor with all my friends felt as though we were back at Hogwarts, enjoying our lives, not worrying about what would happen next, not caring about the outside world. All that mattered was that we were happy, enjoying our time.

But as life is, it didn't stay happy forever.

After awhile a white light formed itself inside of the tent that evolved into the patronus of Kingsley Shacklebolt, a lynx. Then the patronus' mouth opened wide and it spoke in a loud, a slow voice.

"The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming"

It took some people to realise what was happening but most people, me including, drew out their wands immediately.

It didn't take long for the Death Eaters to find us. They flew into the tent shooting different spells and jinxes at everyone. I still believe that they were looking for Harry but luckily he apparate away with Hermiome and Ron quickly.

I tried to look out for myself and others but then something hit me in the shoulder and everything went black as I dropped to the floor.

I woke up, lying on a bed.

My left arm and shoulder, where I was hit, seemed to have deep cuts in them although they weren't bleeding anymore.

I sat up, pain rushing through my body, feeling a slightly dizzy. I was lying next to a window and outside I saw, to my surprise, the sea.

I was still wearing the dress from the wedding, although it was covered in blood and dirt.

"Ahh thank goodness you're awake" Fleur came into the room with a glass of water. She sat down on the edge of the bed handing me the glass

"What happened?" I asked confused

"I am not quite sure but it seemed as though a Death Eater hit you in your shoulder and you were unconscious afterwards. The same Death Eater tried to attack you again, seeing you in your already bad state but I stopped him just in time. First I thought it would be smart to bring you inside of the Burrow but the Death Eaters were everywhere so I decided to apparate to Bill's aunt's house. But because you were unconscious you got splinched, where the jinx hit you" she explained looking at my arm.

"Where are the others? Is everyone alright?" I asked thinking about Fred, George, Katie and everyone else that was there.

"I am not sure" Fleur sighed, looking at the floor "I didn't see the twins before I left but Bill arrived shortly after to help me get you up here"

"I have to find out if they're alright" I told her, trying to get up but the pain in my body was too much to take.

"You are not going anywhere!" Fleur looked at me seriously, "You will stay here until you will feel better! You understand?"

"But I gotta know if they're alright" I debated

"I will go back to the Burrow tomorrow and look alright!" Fleur suggested "I would've gone there anyways!"

"Fine!" I sighed