Chapter 24: It wasn't what I was expecting

"Good Morning Darling" Fred sat down next to me during breakfast

"Oh hey Fred" I quickly looked up from a book I was reading to help Fleur with the Third Task, which was tomorrow.

"Come on, you have to stop worrying so much! You have been occupied with reading the last 2 weeks" Fred said as he tried to take the book away from me "Fleur can do this!" he looked into my eyes while I tried to keep my book

"But help is always good" I tried to defend myself and my book but I let go of the book shortly after which resulted in Fred falling back slightly

"See, it wasn't that hard to put it away was it?" he looked at me but I didn't answer "Besides the school year is coming to an end"

"So?"

"So?! Are you serious right now?" Fred looked at me confused "When the school year ends you will go back to France and I will get back home!"

"Aww are you trying to say that you are gonna miss me" I smiled

"Of course I am going to miss you" Fred snapped "But if you keep hiding from me I will start missing you while you are still at Hogwarts"

"I am sorry but Fleur does need my help!Now will you give me back my book?"

"No" Fred kept a straight face

"Why not?" I crossed my arms

"Because it is Saturday which means that you don't have any classes today and that means that you have free time and that we can spend the day together"

"Fine" I said annoyed but smiled

We went outside since it was a warm sunny day and sat down near the lake and talked for hours. It was relieving to do something else for once but I was worried about tomorrow.

The sun was starting to set and started to get slightly chilly

"I think I am gonna go to bed now!" I got up but Fred held me back

"Don't worry too much alright? It is not good for your mental health! Everything will be fine" he told me

"Thank you Fred!" I smiled "I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

"See you tomorrow!" Fred smiled and I made my way back to the castle

I woke up the next morning excited but scared at the same time. I quickly got up and put on my uniform. Other schools weren't wearing their uniforms because it was a Sunday but Madame Maxine asked us to.

Since we were the only school wearing uniforms, breakfast was a bit uncomfortable. We sat at our own table again though the Ravenclaw students were looking weirdly at us.

I didn't see Fleur at breakfast but I expected that she was doing some last-minute practising. I quickly ate 2 pieces of toast before making my way back to my dorm.

"Oi Y/N" I heard someone calling after me in the hall.

I turned around confused but when I saw that it was Fred a smile formed across my face

"Are you alright?" he asked me as he approached me

"I am fine! Thanks Fred!" I smiled "I will see you after everything is over"

"Are you not gonna join us in the stands?" Fred asked me confused

"No I am gonna be with my school"

"Alright see you afterwards then" he smiled and gave me hug "and don't worry too much"

I saw Fleur shortly before the third and final task started. She seemed really nervous and worried and I tried to assure her that she can do this!

What felt like seconds later I was standing in the crowd and the task had started and Fleur was about to enter the maze, where she had to find the TriWizard Cup.

The time we waited for something to happen felt like an eternity. But then suddenly we saw red sparks in the sky which meant that one of the champions needed help and needed to get out of the maze.

It turned out to be Fleur that was attacked by Victor Krum. I hurried over to her as soon as she was rescued from the maze.

Multiple people were standing around her but I pushed myself through some people and kneeled down next to Fleur.

"She will be alright" Madam Pomfrey, the school nurse, assured us as Fleur opened her eyes and looked around confused.

It took her a few seconds to realise where she was.

"Y/N?" she looked at me confused "Krum he,he" she tried to say

"Fleur everything is fine" I smiled at her as she tried to get up.

Fleur didn't get hurt badly so she joined us in the crowd. You were able to tell how disappointed she was with herself and felt sorry for her because she worked so hard for the whole tournament.

It took another long while before anyone else returned. I was talking to my brother and he told me how he still really likes Alicia but isn't sure how to tell her even though they were spending a lot of time together. I heard music playing again and I got to my feet to see what was going on but it wasn't what I was expecting.

As soon as I got up I realised that Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory returned with the cup but that Cedric wasn't moving at all. I was too shocked at that moment but Fleur started screaming next to me.

Other people around realised what was going on and the music stopped.

It was probably one of the most horrible moments in my life. Even though I didn't know Cedric Diggory it was still a big loss.

Everything happened so fast. One moment I was still in the stands and in the next moment we were back in the castle and going to our dorm.

I didn't realise what just happened and I was laying in my bed staring at the ceiling trying to figure out what just happened. Did Cedric Diggory die? And if he did why?

The thoughts were streaming through my head and I couldn't fall asleep when someone knocked on the door of my door and Fleur came in. The only light in the room was the moonlight that came through the windows but I was able to tell that Fleur looked horrible.

"Y/N are you still awake?" Fleur whispered and walked over to my bed

"Fleur are you alright?" I sat up and looked at her.

"I...I honestly...I don't know..I mean it's just that so much happened and I" she tried to explain but I just threw her into a hug because I felt like that was just what she needed.

"Thank you Y/N" Fleur smiled

"Of course Fleur! I can only imagine how you feel right now"

"Hey this might sound weird but can I stay here for the night?" Fleur asked

"Of course!" I smiled. I made some space and Fleur laid down next to me

"Thank You for always being there for me!" Fleur said