Chapter 16: F*ck!

The next 2 days people kept asking me how I am. But to be honest I didn't feel anything. When McGonagal told me that it wouldn't hurt everything went black for a second and just a second later I was above water.

You could see how much it annoyed Fleur that she wasn't able to complete the task. But she also kept apologising to me that she didn't save me.

We all asked us the same thing: Would they have saved me if Harry hadn't?

I didn't have a lot of time to worry about the tournament and the latest task because our teachers still kept giving us lots of work to do. I spent most of my weekend in the library catching up on my homework so that I didn't have to do everything today.

But we got new homework so I am once again spending my afternoon in the library.

I saw the rain outside and was happy to not miss out a sunny day by spending it here.

I caught myself daydreaming lately thinking about everything in my life. Especially about how my stomach dropped every time I saw Fred and Angelina together. I never felt anything like that and on one side it confused me but on the other side it was clear like water.

I tried to concentrate on Astronomy again and the essay I had to write.

"Can I sit here?" I looked up "The library is full!"

I was confused for a second but simply nodded. I haven't talked to Fred since the last Hogsmeade trip and it felt weird being alone with him.

He sat down next to me and opened a book and took out his quill and parchment.

"What are you working on?" he asked me a few seconds later still looking at parchment

"Astronomy!" I simply answered

"Interesting" he nodded which confused me. He acted weird and didn't seem to be himself but I tried to ignore it.

He turned his attention to his homework and started to write on his parchment.

I turned my attention back to my Astronomy essay. But I couldn't help but notice how often Fred cussed since he kept spelling things wrong. Sometimes it got a bit annoying when you tried to concentrate and someone next to me was saying things like "Bloody hell!" or "Merlin!".

I tried to finish my astronomy essay as fast as possible so that I would be able to see Fleur before dinner again and check on her.

I rolled up my Astronomy essay parchment about half an hour later and gathered my things into my bag about to get up.

"See you around!" I quickly said not even looking at him

"Wait!" he looked up just when I was about to get up

I looked at him waiting for more but there wasn#t coming anything.

"What?" I asked him

"How are you now? You know after the task" he asked frowning

"I am fine!" I answered dryly like I answered everyone else asking me

"Did you like feel anything of being underwater?"

"Uh...no I... everything went black for a second and then I was above water" I told him

"Do you think that they would have saved you if Harry didn't?"

"I...ehm..." he confused me with his questions "I mean I don't know"

"I mean they wouldn't just leave you down there would they?"

"I...ehm... how am I supposed to know? I mean they maybe would have saved maybe not but I am here now?!" I got a bit annoyed by his sudden questions "Why are you asking me all of this?"

"Just wondering" he said but looked away while saying it

"You are not a good liar Weasley!" I said annoyed "If you don't stop acting weird and asking me questions and not be willing to say the truth I am gonna leave now!" I told him

I waited for a few seconds but he didn't say so I got up and walked off. Well I tried to

"Wait!" Fred called again just when I was about to disappear behind a bookshelf

"What?" I asked again more annoyed than before and turned around

"Maybe I just....maybe I" he said quietly looking at his hands

"Maybe I just care for you alright!" he said more loudly looking straight at me

"WHAT?!" I walked closer to him again

"I don't know why but you are just important to me and I was worried and I wasn't ready to loose you!" he continued "Ever since the first time I saw you and then well the actual first time I felt like you would be an important part of my life"

I was shocked about what he just told me that I sat back down next to him looking at him confused "What would make you think that?"

"Honestly I don't know!" he sighed and I saw into his hazel eyes. They seemed fine from the outside but when you took a closer look you could see regret in his eyes

"But I wanted to make sure that you are alright" his face moved closer to mine

"You haven't talked to me in weeks" I pointed out confused by everything he told me

"I was just.... scared" he told me "I thought that you didn't even care at all and I thought that I was just making things up but I was wrong I do really care for you!"

Our faces were only inches apart and I didn't know what to tell him. I was still confused and processing everything.

But then Fred closed the small gap between us. For a single moment the world stopped around us. My heart started to beat faster and faster the moment his soft lips touched mine. He took his hand and cupped my cheek. Everything was perfect and the adrenaline rushed through me. I felt like everything I ever wanted was coming true in this exact moment

But then I realised something and broke away "F*ck!" was all that escaped my lips that exact second.

"What?" Fred looked at me shocked and I would have probably react the exact same when someone broke away and the first thing they say is "F*ck"

"I can't!" I sighed "I mean you and Angelina" I felt horrible thinking that Fred just cheated with me and that it was my first kiss

"We are not a thing Angi and I!" Fred tried to explain

"But she likes you Fred! I....gotta tell her!" I got up and took my bag

"Do what you have to...." he sighed but I only heard half of it because I was already making my way out of the library

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋