09

09.

March 21, 2015

8:05 PM

Olivia Coleman

A hand was placed over my mouth. A large hand, to be exact. My eyes widened in terror as the person held me towards his (I'm assuming it's a he, because who has hands this big and is a girl?) chest, and I dropped my bag of chips. Matthew still didn't notice, because I couldn't scream – I couldn't even move my mouth because of how tight this person's hand is clasped above it. 

"Don't do anything, or you'll get hurt." the person whispered in my ear, giving me chills. I tried to pry his hand off, but it didn't work – I was helpless and in despair. The person's voice was deep yet not deep enough to be a man's voice – this dude was a teenager.  

The boy then tried to pull me back with him, which he was, but I used all the strength in me to prevent him from pulling me back completely, into the shadows where he could do anything to me. "Matthew, help me!" I screamed as tears brimmed my eyes, but you couldn't even understand what I was yelling. It came out as jumbled words and a humming sound. 

Thank god Matthew heard the humming sound and turned around to me with an irritated look. Once he saw what was happening, his eyes bulged. He didn't actually look as terrified as I did. In fact, he looked pretty calm – just shocked. 

I felt a metal blade get pressed against my neck, too close for comfort. The boy's arm lowered and went around my neck now, locking me in a position where I was stiff and couldn't move properly. But at least I could speak now – although, it's worthless because no one would save me. The police can't, and who would want to go out here in the dangerous streets? 

I'm pretty sure the only civilized people out here are Matthew and I. We don't plan on attacking anybody and murdering them – I hope. I don't know what Matthew plans on doing. 

"Take one step and she dies," the boy warned and the tears now escaped my eyes. This is it, I thought negatively. I'm going to die now. "Just let me go with her...and at least you can live." The dude made a deal with Matthew, and Matthew pondered for a while.

"Matthew...please help me." I pleaded and the boy's arm tightened around my neck. His face lowered, too, until his lips were beside my ear. 

"Oh, come on...I'll take care of you, babygirl." he whispered and chuckled demonically before letting his face go back to the position it was before. That just made me even more terrified, and the more I wanted to be in Matthew's arms instead of this dude's. 

"Dude..." Matthew began speaking nonchalantly, staying where he was because of the warning. "Just let her go." I thanked God for giving Matthew morality at this moment, and relief bubbled inside of me – but it drained and I went into despair again when the boy just laughed. 

"You know, she's the first girl I've seen so far walk out in these streets. The other girls are all locked up in their houses," he explained. "Why would I let her go without some fun, eh? Crime is no longer illegal, and just look at her beautiful face..." the dude caressed my cheek with the hand that was holding the knife, and I flinched, disgusted. "I wonder how she'll look like with her clothes off, eh?"  

The knife was, once again, against my neck. Matthew scowled at this dude in all seriousness now. I was even more disgusted and terrified, now knowing that he wanted to rape me. And he could if Matthew just went with the easier way, leaving me behind while he lives. 

Matthew pondered for what seemed like a minute before he finally made his decision, and thank god he did because this boy probably would have gotten impatient and killed me. A sinister smirk grew on Matthew's face and he chuckled. "Yeah, I wonder what she would look like..." 

---