33

33. 

March 21, 2025
TEN YEARS LATER

7:00 PM

Olivia Coleman

"Are the doors locked?" he asked for what seemed like the millionth time. I rolled my eyes, re-checking the locks of the door briefly. It was locked, just like it was a minute ago, and the minute before that, and three minutes before that.

"Yes, hun." I replied.

"Okay, good," he sighed in relief. "And where are the kids?"

"Upstairs in their rooms."

"Are all the windows locked?"

"Yes! I re-checked everything already, hun. There's nothing to worry about." I assure him, walking over and caressing his cheek with my hand. He sighed, resting his hand over my hand, smiling at me.

"I'm sorry, baby. I just don't want anything to happen to you and the kids...I don't want to lose you."

"And you wont. Everything is going to be safe; I'm positive no one is going to break in during the Purge."

"But you wouldn't know..."

"C'mon, baby..."

"Alright, fine. I guess we're safe." he sighed again, leaning in and pecking my lips. We both smiled at each other whilst pulling away. There was a groan.

"Ew," my five-year-old daughter squealed, holding her stuffed animal. She was coming down the stairs. We both laughed. "Mommy, daddy, can we go out for dinner?"

I shook my head. "No, sweetie, we can't."

"Why?"

"Because...your mother is already cooking," he lied. We couldn't tell a five-year-old that we couldn't have a family dinner because there are killers outside. "Sweetie, go upstairs, please. We'll call you when dinner is ready." She nodded and turned her heel, stomping back up the stairs. He turned to me, a smirk on his face. "Now...where were we?" I rested my hands on his chest before he could start anything.

"Are the doors locked?" I joked. He rolled his eyes, pushing my hands away and wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me towards his chest. "Hun, I have to make dinner..."

"Yeah, in a minute." he just said, staring down at me with a smile. "I love you, Olivia."

A chuckle escaped my lips and I tip-toed, so that I could be a bit taller and just a little bit shorter than him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling his face closer so that there was only a little bit of a gap between our faces. "I love you more."

---

THE END!

SO, THAT IS THE END OF 'THE PURGE' WOW IM GUNNA CRY B/C IT SEEMS LIKE ONLY YESTERDAY I WAS WRITING THE FIRST CHAPTER.

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO STUCK WITH ME FOR THE WHOLE BOOK, TOLERATING ME AND MY CLIFFHANGERS.

TO THOSE WHO HAS BEEN READING THIS BOOK AND HAS BEEN WAITING FOR AN UPDATE SINCE THE VERY FIRST CHAPTER, THEN YOU GET A HUG <3

LOVE YOU GUYS! BUH BYE! MWAH :)