04

04.

March 21, 2015

7:05 PM

Olivia Coleman

Matthew and I trudged into the house, him in front of me just in case someone was still inside. Both of us were shocked and anxious, and there is a relevant reason for that being. How else would you react when you arrive at the destination where you thought was 'safety' but then figure out...it's not at all safe anymore.

"Matthew, what happened?" I questioned with my voice shaking, wishing I were still holding Matthew's hand (he had let go of it once we reached the doorstep of Cameron's house). I just felt more protected when I was holding it.

"I don't know. That's why we're going to check!" Matthew snapped back, glaring at me briefly before looking back at the front, proceeding to walk inside the house.

We both fully walked into the house and my eyes widened at what I saw: everything was messed up. The couch was moved slightly, but was still noticeable. The coffee table was also moved, and it seemed like it was kicked.

To sum it all up: the house looked trashed.

"Shut the door!" Matthew ordered and I quickly obliged, though I was still in shock. I gulped and ran up next to Matthew, grabbing his arm out of nervousness, which made him pull it away instantly.

"Yeah...don't do that." He told me with an annoyed look on his face. That just made me even more terrified, now knowing that I didn't have anyone to grasp onto when someone bad came.

"W-what happened, Matthew?" I asked again, not moving.

Matthew ran his fingers through his hair. "Do you think I would know? This is why you should have never came! I would have been home quicker and none of this would have happened!"

"Don't you dare put the blame on me, Matthew!" I raised my voice, but had this pain feeling in my heart - guiltiness. Matthew's words actually did circulate through my brain, and now I'm starting to think that it truly was my fault.

Just thinking that something terrible might be happening to my best friend because of me made me want to cry my eyes out. "Plus, we don't even know what happened!" I added.

"Well..." Matthew mumbled and walked over to the living room, examining the whole scene. I watched him intently as he did so, since I didn't know what to do, and I knew that I wouldn't be much help. "Based on the facts that we've studied - the open door and all this mess - there is only one clear explanation."

I stepped forward just an inch, my face etching in terror as I stammered my next question. "A-and that would be...?"

Matthew gave me a grim look. "Kidnap."

---