19

19.

March 21, 2015

10:50

Olivia Coleman

"No...no, please don't." I whispered pleadingly, shaking my head while tears streamed down my cheeks. Blake ignored my pleading and just lowered his face, so that his lips were connected with mine. I obviously didn't kiss back and kept my eyes wide opened, squirming between his body and the wall, trying to get away although it was hopeless. 

This time, Matthew wasn't here to save me; my only knight in shining armour. 

Matthew Espinosa

I've never really felt guilty saying vulgar words to Olivia, but for some reason, I felt kind of guilty now. It was probably because I saw the sincere hurt in her eyes (I mean, there was always hurt in her eyes whenever I say something rude, but this time it was stronger than before). But I guess Olivia isn't really important now, because I'm alone with Bethany – and I think I'm growing more and more feelings for Bethany.

But I do wonder where Blake and Olivia are right now...and what they're even doing right now. 

I took a peek at Bethany once again, and she glanced behind us; she has glanced behind us numerous times, and I'm starting to get more skeptical and suspicious every time I catch her doing so. Was it probably because she regrets leaving her brother behind? Most probably – so that's probably the reason. But should I question her about it? 

I probably should – to be a good person and comfort her when she admits it certainly is about leaving Blake behind. 

"Bethany," I said to get her attention. She tensed up a bit and jumped, like I scared her for abrupt speaking up after a while of silence. She turned to me, finally looking away from behind us, and raised her eyebrow with a smile on her face. "Are you okay? You keep looking behind us." 

She shrugged. "Oh, it's nothing. Just missing Blake already. 'Cause, like, it's the Purge and anything could happen to him – and also Olivia, or whatever her name was." she explained and I narrowed my eyes at her, nodding slowly. She bit her lip and glanced behind us again; although, I could see that she was trying to hide a smile while she bit her lip, but I'm not sure why. 

"Yes, her name is Olivia." I tell her and stopped walking and Bethany did, as well, confused because I stopped. "If you miss your brother so much...we can go back and get them. Right now, let's go." I turn my heel to walk back to Blake and Olivia (though I didn't really want to), but Bethany quickly grabbed my elbow before I could even take one step. 

"No!" she exclaimed, and I turned back to her, my eyebrows creased in confusion. 

"No?" I questioned suspiciously. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I feel a sense that I should not trust this girl anymore. There's something she's hiding, and I'm going to find out what the hell it is. "I thought you missed Blake. Why don't you want to go back?" I stepped forward to intimidate her and she stepped backwards, biting her lip nervously. 

"Let's just continue walking, Matt." Bethany tried to change the subject, but I wasn't going to fall for it.

"Why don't you want to fucking go back, Bethany?!" I raised my voice at her, causing her to flinch. I didn't care if she was scared of me or not. If she's hiding something that was sinister, then I don't care about her anymore. Maybe it was a bad idea to even be interested in her in the first place. 

Bethany didn't answer; she just looked at me with an emotionless face. Her lip twitched and a smirk was shown on her face. "There's no need to go back, Matthew. Blake is safe, and I know that for a fact. Olivia, however..." she paused and chuckled while I froze.