25

25.

March 22, 2015

6:20 AM

Olivia Coleman

"Okay, this is it," Matthew announced quietly, leading me to the side of a warehouse, into an alley, beside a trashcan so no one could have spotted us from the road. "And remember, Olivia, you stay close by me."

I nodded, rolling my eyes. "Where else would I go? I'm still scared out of my life." I stated and Matthew chuckled, shrugging. He looked at me and sighed, letting go of my hand to tuck a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"I'm so scared, Olivia. I don't want you to get hurt," he whispered, his hand now caressing my cheek. "You'll have no idea how hurt I would be, if you got hurt."

"Matthew, everything is going to be fine, okay?" I assured him, leaning in and giving him a brief kiss on the lips. "I'll be fine. I mean, I'll be with you the whole time, remember?"

"True."

"Wait, Matthew, I've been meaning to ask you this," I mentioned. "But...how do you even know this is the place Lauren and Cameron are? And, like, that warehouse we slept in — how did you know where that was, and that the washroom was working, and how the light switch was broken?"

Matthew looked away from me, dropping his hand and taking out his gun from his waistband. "Okay, so here's the plan," he ignored by questions. "All you have to do is hold my hand and stay with me — we've been through that. Then, the both of us will just go and find Lauren and Ca, and we'll try our best to ignore the members of the gang."

"But, what if we run into them?" I asked, gulping, ignoring the fact that he ignored my questions.

"Let's just hope not." Matthew muttered, looking down at the gun. "You should take out your gun, too...just in case."

I nodded slowly, my body becoming stiff with nervousness. "O-okay. Just in case." I repeated in a whisper as I pulled out the gun from my waistband. When I looked up, Matthew gave me peck on my lips before grabbing my hand tightly.

"Are you ready?" he asked me.

"Nope." I whispered, telling the truth. But too bad that didn't matter.

---