24

24.

March 22, 2015

6:15 AM

Olivia Coleman

"Let's play I spy." Matthew suggested suddenly, after a long time of just waking in silence, our hands both intertwined together. His voice was shaky, but it wasn't really evident - it was hidden in his voice, and I somehow was able to notice it.

"Um...okay?" I reply to him, chuckling. Matthew let out a deep breath and I felt his hand tighten. His whispered to himself a bunch of 'okay's' whilst looking around the area, trying to find for something to start off this game of I Spy.

"I spy with my little eye, a bench." he said, and I instantly found one as we walked past it. I laughed slightly.

"Matthew, that's not really how you play I spy - you can't say something that's evidently there." I tell him and studied him. He looked even more nervous and kind of...scared? "Matthew...what's wrong with you?"

"Olivia, I've been thinking about this for a really long time - but I don't think you should come along with me when I go and find for Lauren and Cameron."

"What? What are you talking about, Matthew, I'm already going with you to find Lauren and Cameron." I remind him, confused.

"I don't mean like that. I meant, like...I don't think you should come with me inside the building I'm going to enter to find Lauren and Cameron." he repeated more clearly this time. A frown formed on my face and I slowed down and eventually stopped walking. I let go of Matthew's hand, but he still held onto mine.

"Matthew...I'm going in with you. Yes, I know that I'm not very well experienced with these kind of things, but I'm going in with you." I say grimly, making the message clear to him: no matter, what - no matter how dangerous it may be - I'm going to go with Matthew.

"Don't take this the wrong way, Olivia. I just think it's-"

"It's too dangerous. Blah, blah, blah," I finished him, pulling my hand away from his completely, rolling my eyes. "God, Matthew, I don't care about that - I don't care if it's dangerous or not. You don't even know what I'm capable of. You've known me for not even a day." I rolled my eyes and walked ahead of him.

Yeah, well, you don't know what you're capable of yourself, my mind reminded me.

"Hey," Matthew called from behind me, and I felt myself getting turned around so that I was facing him once again. He cupped my face with his hands. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Olivia, and I'm sorry. I just don't want you to get harmed - or worse, get killed! I know I've known you for less than a day, but you already mean so much to me, and I don't want to lose you, okay?"

"Okay." I sighed, smiling at him and pecking his lips. "But I'm still going with you."

"Olivia..."

"Matthew." I responded with. The both of us had a staring contest for who would be the winner. Either Matthew, and I don't go with him - or me, and I do go with him. After a couple of seconds, Matthew sighed out loud and gave my cheeks a tiny caress with his thumb before pulling away.

"Fine, you're coming with me. But you have to stay close to me at all times, and hold my hand the whole time, alright?"

"Deal." I grinned and intertwined our hands again. "So...where's this warehouse?"

---