10

10.

March 21, 2015

8:10 PM

Olivia Coleman

Matthew's words made my eyes widen in disbelief. The boy holding me laughed evilly and what he said next made me even more terrified and disgusted – because my body had no end to the fear and disgust that was growing right now. 

"Let's get started then, eh?" he laughed again and so did Matthew, stepping forward and walking towards us. The boy holding me captive didn't actually kill me like he promised Matthew, if he stepped forward like he was doing now – because he now knew that Matthew was on his side. Instead, he put his pocketknife back into his pocket and used his arms to choke me – although I could still breathe and talk. 

"Stop it!" I exclaimed and squirmed even more in this boy's arms. I heard him grunting as he tried to hold me still, difficulty being evident. Oh my god, I'm going to get raped, I thought my final thoughts when I now knew that I was in despair. No one is going to save me now. 

"Dude, can I go first? I have somewhere else to be, and it would be better if I were first, so I could leave right away," Matthew said nonchalantly, arriving in front of the boy and I. "And then she's all yours." 

The boy pondered and agreed, unwrapping his arm that was around my neck and pushing me harshly to Matthew's chest. Matthew caught me and chuckled. "Come on." he ordered me and pushed me forward. The boy watched him do so. 

Matthew walked past the boy slowly, and then he pushed me to the ground harshly and briskly before taking an abrupt punch to the boy. The boy fell to the ground in pain, holding his bloody nose as Matthew took out his gun again. 

I watched and fear etched my face when I thought Matthew was going to kill the helpless boy on the ground – but he didn't. All Matthew did was hit the boy's head with the gun handle and knocked him out. 

He turned to me again and I stared at him, surprised yet thankful that Matthew wasn't actually going to rape me and now we were free. "Get up." Matthew ordered and began walking again, like nothing even happened. 

I quickly got to my feet and took a glance at the passed out boy on the ground before I caught up with Matthew, still stunned and scared from what happened just a minute ago. 

"Thank you for saving me." I muttered after a few seconds of silence. I looked down at my feet as I spoke, just because. I heard Matthew scoff, and he ignored my thank you. 

"I told you that I wasn't going to babysit you. Now look how much time we wasted just because I saved you!" he raised his voice and I nearly flinched at his tone. I sighed and pulled my phone out of my pocket, clicking the home button: 8:10 pm

We've been in that situation for ten minutes. I know that isn't that much time wasted, but it is now. Every second counts in the purge – especially if we're trying to save the one's we care for before they could end up killed. 

---