30

30. 

ONE MONTH LATER

Olivia Coleman

"So, since there's nothing else to talk about, I'll just bring it up: how are things with you and Cameron?" I asked, taking a bite out of the pizza slice, looking at Lauren beside me, eating her pizza slice. I knew the answer would be something positive, because ever since the latest Purge, they've grown closer and more unbreakable. Lauren is doing well; a month of healing was all that she needed to be normal again (despite the common nightmares she would have).

"Good," Lauren answered me. "In fact, he wanted me...to move in with him." I nearly chocked on my pizza.

"Wait a minute...what? When? Are you going to move in with him? Why didn't you tell me about this earlier?" I demanded answers. She chuckled and set her pizza slice on the pizza box, and I did so, too.

"Well, he asked me a few months ago, and I am going to move in with him," she told me and I covered my mouth, resisting to scream. "He wanted me to move in with him...next week."

"Wait, next week? And you're just telling me this now?" Of course I was slightly angry at Lauren for not telling me, but then again, it is her life - not mine.

"I know, and I'm sorry...but I'm just thinking, you know? I don't want to leave you alone, because I know how afraid you get when you're alone sometimes."

"Listen, Lauren...you and Cameron are meant to be. I wouldn't even be mad if he got you pregnant because I knew it was to happen someday anyways," I tell her. "But I need you to be honest with me."

"Of course."

"Do you want to move in with Cameron?" I questioned, though I knew the answer already.

"Honestly, I do, Olivia."

I shrugged and smiled. "Then you better start packing, because you're moving in with Cameron next week."

---