06

06.

March 21, 2015

7:15 PM 

Olivia Coleman 

"Wait, what do you mean you're going to look for them? Where are you going to look for them? How even are you going to-" I pestered Matthew with questions until he finally got annoyed and cut me off - quite bluntly, actually. 

"Yeah, shut the hell up." He said and rolled his eyes. "I think it's pretty logical to know what I mean by 'I'm going to find them'. But I have to leave right now, so they wouldn't get hurt more than they probably already are." 

Matthew took my backpack off of his back (he still hasn't removed it since the supermarket), and he opened it. He walked hurriedly around the house to gather up things, and he shoved them into the backpack. What made my eyes bulge wide was when he left and then came back with two handguns, along with ammo.

"Cameron has guns." Was all Matthew said when he noticed the expression on my face. Instead of keeping the guns in the backpack, he stuffed them in the hem of his jeans and kept the ammo inside the backpack, on top of all the food.

"Wait, Matthew, do you even know what's out there? Who even took them?" I questioned as Matt put on the backpack, running his fingers through his hair right after. 

"I found clues," He told me. "When I searched the house, I found some clues that led me to the conclusion that this gang that I'm pretty...familiar with, I guess you could say...took them." Matthew explained shortly and began trudging to the door. I followed him, of course, because I, too, was coming with him. 

"Why am I feeling your presence behind me?" Matthew asked as his hand was rested on the doorknob, but he didn't open the door yet. He turned around and sighed (and irked sigh) when he saw that I was behind him. "What are you doing?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean? I'm coming with you." 

"Uh, no you're not. It's too dangerous."

"Uh, yes I am. It's too dangerous in here. There's no difference." 

"There's a huge difference, actually! Olivia, you're going to stay here. You are most definitely not coming with me." Matthew commanded and I shook my head stubbornly. "Olivia, I swear to god, if you don't stay here-" 

"You can't do anything to me." I scoffed and rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "I have to go with you, Matthew! What am I going to do if someone breaks in? I don't know my self-defense!" I began ranting and Matthew watched me, his expression dull. He was annoyed with me; I could tell. 

"Okay, okay! Just stop talking already, goodness gracious!" Matthew raised his voice, silencing me. "Fine! You're coming with me! But don't expect me to babysit you the whole journey, okay? You get harmed, it's not my fucking problem." Matthew heaved exasperatedly. 

I felt a momentary hurt as his words processed through my head, but at least I wasn't going to stay alone in this house, so all I did was nod. Matthew huffed before turning back around, opening the front door. We both stepped out and Matthew shut the door behind us, locking it with a spare key he knew was under the rug, hiding.

There was no going back now.

---