Chapter 21

Sorry for not updating it for such a long time!

I had broken my friendship with the real-life-Vivaan, so I was heartbroken and I didn't have it in me to update this, but I guess it's time to update it.

I will try my best to maintain the beauty of the story that I started telling long ago. I never thought I would have to rewrite a story whose chapter I had already closed.

It's hard for me, so please bear with me. I wanted to delete this story but I haven't because you guys insisted...

____________________

Previously in the story -

Vivaan and Kimora were finally getting closer to each other. Kimora had opened up about her mother's demise and had cried her heart out in front of Vivaan, which brought them even closer. Vivaan had gifted her a key chain carved out of ivory. Kimora had confessed that if she had met Vivaan before, she would not have joined Welham.

___________________

VIVAAN'S POV

"Do you have to go?", I asked her one day after everybody had left. I didn't want her to leave me. What will I do after 6 pm then? With whom will I spend time in park?

"I have to, Vivaan. I signed up for this, didn't I?" she said with a sad sigh. I hugged her tightly and she just got closer to me. Is this what means melting in someone's hug? Because it seemed like she was.

"I want to do so many things! Drink champagne, party wildly, dance in a crowd, have a pizza party with my friends, have my first kiss and -" "You've never kissed someone?" I cut her off with an incredulous look on my face. I had assumed a beautiful girl like her must have had her first kiss at least.

"No, I've never kissed someone. And you?" she asked. I laughed at the question. "I haven't kissed a girl, of course. Who'd want to date me?" I dryly laughed. "Don't say that. I am pretty sure many girls have a crush on you." "What makes you say that?"

"I -" Suddenly, her phone started ringing. She picked it up, listened to the person speaking on the other line for a minute before saying, "Okay, bye!" and cutting the call. "I have to go," she said sadly.

I don't know what came into me, but I held her wrist and pulled her towards me. "Would you have dated me if we were not such close friends?" I asked her as she stood inches away from my face. Those pink plump lips look soft. How would it feel to - "Maybe... I - I need to go. Good night!" With that, she ran off towards her house.

What was I thinking?

***

KIMORA'S POV

Why had Vivaan asked me that? My heart pounded furiously as I shut the door to my bedroom behind me. We were standing so close when he pulled me towards him. And... was he looking at my lips? I wasn't sure.

Pushing those thoughts aside, I decided to sit down to study. After studying maths for an hour, I made myself a sandwich and went to sleep. Dad wasn't home, and I wasn't hungry.

***

All night long, I couldn't sleep well. I kept on having dreams of Vivaan. Him laughing as he ran in the park... us sitting in the park after everyone was gone and talking for hours... our first time in the desert rain, when we were both soaked to the skin...

"Aargh!" I screamed as I woke up. What is wrong with me? Why am I thinking of him in my sleep? Do I - Do I - "No, it can't be. Vivaan is just my friend. He can never be anything more than that. He sees me as just his friend. Stop overthinking, Kimora!" I spoke to myself as I ran my hands in my hair.

"Would you have dated me if we were not such close friends?" Vivaan's question echoed in my head.

Yes, Vivaan, I would have. But I can't risk this friendship. Not when I have you.

***

A/N : I know this is the shortest chapter so far but I have a lot to say right now. First things first, I am going to update the entire story once again so you may feel like my 'unnecessary' story updates are spamming your notifications. Please bear with me, it's just for one day. 

I feel I need to tweak the story a bit considering so many things have changed between in-real-life Vivaan and me (your in-real-life Kimora). So, the initial story plot that I was working on... it would have shown you a story of a relationship between Kimora and Vivaan for a year in the story time and then there would be a sequel. But now, I don't think I can write more than this book. Also, I will tweak my initial story plot a bit. I had planned all the chapters and moments in my head because it was mostly from my memory with a bit of an imaginative streak, but now I may not be able to write down the exact moments.

I will start uploading once a week now. Hopefully, that works out for me. I promise good chapters after this. Her last day in Jodhpur before she becomes a Welhamite is close.

I hope you're not annoyed by me at this point. I love you all <3 (which is why I am still writing this chapter)