Chapter 1

Hi! I'm Kimora Rent and I'm mixed, meaning I'm part British and part Japanese. I was worried this would get me into trouble again like it did when my dad and I lived in New York but, well, India is so diverse that no one gives two hoots about my parentage. At least, that's how they act. Which is unusual and cool, considering I'd been bullied in New York for the same. Okay, this was a secret, so shh...

My dad works for this big detective company that I'm not supposed to speak about. All I can say about it is that my dad gets posted to a new place every few years. He joined this company five years ago. Till now, we've lived in Japan, Britain, Malaysia and the USA. India was dad's third's posting, actually. We had lived in Japan until my mother's death. She died of breast cancer. After her untimely death, my dad and I shifted to Britain to live with my grandparents.

My grandparents are not so cool as you'd imagine them to be after you meet my father. They like quiet and solitude. They lead a traditional life. They do not like it when I listen to the 'modern' songs and raps. They do not like it when I video call my guy friends. They don't like me in shorts or mini skirts or crop tops or off-shoulders or... well, you get the idea, right? Naturally, my grandparents and I don't get along well. 

My dad, on the other hand, is okay with me wearing whatever I like, as long as it is not revealing or too provocative. He likes to sing like me and we together belt out songs of Charlie Puth and 1D and Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez and Eminem. We love to explore new places. We together experiment in cooking. I remember, once we tried to make a cheesecake but it ended up being so bad that we both got sick. He is fun to hang out with. Usually.

Since last year, something has changed between my dad and I. All of a sudden, there's a wall between us. We no longer spend time together like we used to. We both are busy with our lives. It's like, someone forged a distance between both of us which we both can never cross to know each other again. I guess it all started because of The Night.

A/N: I am not a professional writer so I may make grammar mistakes in my chapters. Please feel free to point them out. Hope you like it!

QOTD: I know it's random but still... what is your shoe size?