Chapter 27

VIVAAN'S POV

I didn't want to leave Kimora but my mom's call worried me. What was so urgent that my mom had to call me home? Normally, she would call me only I missed the curfew. Otherwise, she didn't bother. So what was it this time?

I rushed back home immediately, the after-effects of the kiss still lingering. And by after-effects, I mean a  fast heartbeat, a hazy mind, and a very noticeable bulge that I was madly trying to soften. 

Pressing my legs against one another didn't help. And I needed to do something quick! So I resorted to the only choice I had - imagining a naked old lady. 

The thought was so revolting that it worked in my favour. At least no one will be suspicious about what happened in the park.

I rang the doorbell twice before my mom opened it. "Come in!" she said irritatedly. She motioned me to follow her, so I obeyed her and went to my bedroom with my mom, where she closed the door shut. I could feel my heartbeat increasing as the dread increased.

"I was just removing your tiffin box from your bag because you had forgotten to, and I discovered the most amazing thing!" my mom said. 

What was I hiding in the bag? I didn't have any test papers but the -

"To whom is this letter written to?" she questioned, waving the letter in the air like she was going to stop a train with it. I paled. 

If my mom read the entire letter, she would know how smitten I am by Kimora. And if she comes to know that it is for Kimora, she'd never let me meet her again. And I just had the most amazing kiss with her. And that's when I felt my pants tightening. 

NO NO NO THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO GET A BONER I'M DOOMED NOW I -

"Who is it for? Answer me!" my mom demanded. I could feel myself shaking a bit. I have to take another girl's name.

"None of your business," the words slipped in a rush. I felt like banging my head against the wall till it cracked open. What an asshole I am!

"You dare to answer me like that! Vivaan Dutt, tell me right now before I beat you with my slippers - for whom had you written this letter?" 

"Garima Choudhary!" I said the first name that came into my mouth. Damn me! How would I explain this now?

"And who is she?" My mom's eyes narrowed. Gulp! 

"She is my classmate. She is one of those topper students, you know, participating in MUNs and debates..." my voice trailed off. My throat's getting dry!

"I want to talk to her."

"You want to - WHAT?" I got the shock of my life when I realised that my mom wanted to talk to Garima. "Mom, she doesn't know I like her like that! Please, mom, don't!" Oh God! Now what would Garima think of me?

"Your love letter clearly tells me that she doesn't know you like her like that. I suppose this letter was supposed to tell her that, right?" she said as she brandished my letter as some symbol of victory. I gulped hard. What should I do?

"Um, mom, please, don't embarrass me because I like her. You'd rather I liked a boy?" I wish I could cut my tongue off and flush it down the toilet like the rest of my life. Can't I keep my goddamn mouth shut?

"WHAT? Are you... do you...?" my mom stammered, clearly in shock by my words suggesting that she'd prefer me as a gay than a straight person.

"No, that's not what I meant, mom, I am sorry... I just... I like her, okay? Topic closed!" I shut my eyes before I could spiral downward in the cycle of shame and embarrassment. Way to go in front of your mom, Vivaan!