Chapter 25

Dedicated to @PRADAPUSSY_ for being one of the earliest supporters of this book! Also because I am finally fulfilling her one dear wish ; P

VIVAAN'S POV

That's it. I am doing it today.

I am telling her how I feel about her.

I am done being a coward. With this in my head, I went to the bus stop confidently, patiently waiting for Kimora to show up.

***

"Hey! Why is your mood so sour?" Bidaan asked me on the bus. 

"You are okay now?" I asked him. He wasn't fine yesterday but he is now?

"Yes, I am okay, and you're dodging my question. I repeat, why is your mood so sour today?"

"Kimora didn't come... I thought she is coming to the bus stop but... do you think she missed her bus?" I asked hopefully.

"Bro, we waited at her stop for 5 minutes. If she was going to come at all, she would have shouted for the bus to halt. She probably can't come to the school anymore because she is taking her Transfer Certificate."

"You're right. Listen, wake me up when the bus stops at the school. I'll take a nap till then."

For the next hour, all I could do was relive all my memories with her with my eyes closed.

Both of us lying in the grass, late at night, stargazing. Talking about crazy spy missions. How she would bring down the Italian mafias with her wit and crazy ninja moves that she would learn till then. How I would work for the intelligence unit and help them find the pattern amongst meaningless data.

How she aspired to run an organisation to bring down the bad men. How I wanted to learn martial arts just so that I could protect her while she hunted the criminals.

How her hair glowed under the sunlight, giving a halo effect. How she looked like an angel when she wore that loose, sleeveless white top and frolicked in the rain. How her eyes sparkle with mischief and a hint of gold when she hits me playfully and runs away.

How could I ever leave her? Or let her go?

***

KIMORA'S POV

Something was definitely off with Vivaan. I couldn't figure out what but I would soon enough. I could feel that Vivaan was thinking something deeply. He seemed a bit distracted and preoccupied the entire time.

When he asked me to go to his house to collect the book, I panicked and told him that I would take it from him the next day on the bus. But I forgot that I can't go to school anymore.

My dad had gotten a call from the reception saying that I was no longer permitted to go to the school since my Transfer Certificate has been processed.

I just wanted the day to get over soon so that I could meet Vivaan and figure out what was going on with him. He clearly needed a friend. Maybe I can be the one friend who can help him?

***

VIVAAN'S POV

As soon as my tuition got over, I packed my bag and sped out of the centre. I had to reach home fast. I just couldn't wait.

In my hurry, I totally started overspeeding. On top of that, I never noticed the white Chevrolet that sped right past me, narrowly missing me. I lost my balance immediately and hit my head badly. Thank God I always wear a helmet or I would have been lying in a pool of my own blood.