Chapter 4

I had joined the school on 2nd July. Being my first day, my class teacher hadn't informed me about the upcoming exams. He had thought that it would better to not stress me out with that piece of information. 

So he decided to call me to his table to break the news to me. "Kimora, I know you're new to this city. So, uh, how are you doing? How do you feel?" I could sense the hesitation. It made me nervous. "I am still adjusting to the new environment, sir," I replied politely.

"Okay Kimora, I will be direct with you about this. I know you're new and are already stressed out about... uh, everything, I guess, considering it takes time to adapt to a new place, but you need to prepare for this as well." Saying this, sir handed me a datesheet. "What is this for?" "It's your exam datesheet, Kimora. Your exams start on 22nd July. I know it's early for you but -" "FUCK!" I swore loudly.

Now, back in New York, no one would have paid too much attention if I swore loudly but here... well... sir's mouth was agape and the students stared at me with shock. I guess things weren't so cool here. "Um, sorry sir, I didn't mean to-" "Language, Kimora! You can't swear like this over here." "I'm sorry, sir." With my head bent low, I went back to my seat and studied my datesheet.

" With my head bent low, I went back to my seat and studied my datesheet

The handwriting is so bad, I thought. I neatly copied it in my diary before shoving it back in my bad quickly. I didn't want anyone to notice my diary. Unfortunately for me, Yash noticed it. However, realising that it is something special and not to be talked about, he didn't say anything. Thank God!

I maintain 2 dairies per year. That's because I write so much in my diary that one gets exhausted in half a year. I like to maintain diaries as a reminder of myself - of who I am and who I want to be. I had stuck all the good photos I clicked in New York in my diary. There was a picture of me posing with Statue Of Liberty with my friends, all of us on a bus eating cotton candy (we were going to some theme park then), and a cute photo of me sleeping on Zane's shoulder on the said bus.

There was another photo of me and my dad at Starbucks. We had crashed into Zane accidentally that day and he offered to click our picture together. That day was so much fun. I remember all of us at Starbucks, just normally chatting and cracking jokes... but Zane's presence made it more memorable.

***

"How will you complete this syllabus?" Priya asked me when she saw my datesheet and realised that I hadn't done anything from my syllabus. The entire batch had a 3 month headstart. Fuck! How will I compete with them? "I'll manage it, thanks for asking," I said to Priya with a fake smile. I didn't want her to know how worried I was.

I couldn't trust Priya so quickly. She seemed a little... uh, I can't put a finger on what it really is, but she didn't seem like the right person in whom I could confide my feelings. I just wanted to get over with my day in school quickly so I could go home and sleep. I had been really tired after my workout in the gym last evening.

***

"Hi Kimora! How was your day?" Vivaan asked me chirpily. "I don't know. Fine, I guess?" I don't know but it seemed easier to share with Vivaan exactly how I felt. "What happened?" "My motherfu- sorry, that just slipped out of mouth!" I said apologetically. Vivaan stared at me for a second before bursting into laughter. "You don't need to worry in front of me. I don't say words like bitch or motherfucker myself but then I use hindi expletives." "Expletives like -?" "Oh no, I am not teaching them to you!"

"I can speak expletives in various languages, dude. I could teach you!" I said with a wink. Holy shit! Did I just wink? He must have been thinking the same; his face showed it. I pretended to be all cool and continued, "If I were to call someone a motherfucker in french, I'd say connard to them." "And in spanish, Kim?" "I'd use perra. It means bitch, though" "Wow, I never thought I'd meet someone who'd teach me international expletives!" I cracked up at this.

"Well, I'd use behenchod and madarchod." He smirked when I tried to learn the pronunciation and then he pointed to the seat beside him for me to sit down. "You'll play truth or dare with me?" "Nah, I'll pass. I am really sleepy right now." "Okay, Kim, you can sleep then. I will wake you up when the stop comes." "Thanks," I said with a smile.

It had been a while since I had flashed a genuine smile at someone.

A/N: I am sorry I used expletives, and that too in 4 different languages. I just thought that this would spice things up because till now Kimora has only been shown as a lonely, introverted girl.