Ft. Vivaan

VIVAAN'S POV

My mind was anywhere but on studies, all because of her. So I decided to do what she had suggested to 'release my pent-up emotions'. I wrote a letter to myself.

The first day she entered the bus, I saw nothing very special about her

The first day she entered the bus, I saw nothing very special about her. Just another girl... travelling on the same route as me, living right opposite to my house. Okay, maybe she was something special. It's not every day I boarded the bus with a foreigner.

She doesn't know this but I noticed her moving in and wondered what she looked like. When I first saw her stepping on the bus with me, I noticed her eyes first. Those alluring eyes. I could drown in them and still not regret it.

As I got to know her better, I felt something. Attraction. She was humorous, bubbly, mysterious, polite and smart. And, of course, beautiful. That Japanese beauty could kill me. There was something else about her that drew me towards her. Her mystery and her aura. How she looked happy on the outside but never really was. How exhausting it was for her to radiate that happy energy when she was filled with negativity. 

I was intrigued by her. Of course, many boys on our bus tried to talk to her. It was rare for us to come across a foreigner... and then, on top of it, she was humble, beautiful, studious and quiet. Like an added bonus

I had tried to interact with her as soon as I mustered the courage but she always pushed me away. There was something in her eyes that indicated that she went through some trauma. She looked so broken. And just when I thought I'd ask her about her past, the rumours started.

I knew they weren't true when she defended herself on the bus but I thought that the rumour must have started because of some incident in the past. Nobody spreads such a rumour without a base, right? Wrong! 

Yash was in Kimora's class. So one day, while playing cricket, I casually asked Yash about the rumours. "How did it start? You know who started it?" I asked him. His face darkened. He didn't reply back. That gave me a feeling that he knew more than me. When I asked again and snapped, "I know nothing, okay?" He then went away immediately.

The next time I met him, I straight off asked him if it was him. I must have been glowering at him because he paled and said yes in a meek voice. It was then that I lost it. I punched him once, twice, thrice till my classmates saw what happened and stopped me. That was when I asked him to invite Kimora to play dodgeball.

It felt good to start talking to her. She was a fresh breath in my life. I never knew why, but I always felt like she would understand me deeply. Like she was meant to be with me. Like a soulmate

I remember the first time I thought she is really stunning. The first time I felt myself going hard just looking at a girl's picture. It was a candid picture of hers on my Instagram feed. It was New Year's party and she was dressed up in this beautiful golden dress. A handsome looking man had his arms wrapped around her, a little protectively, if you ask me, while she laughed her head off. 

She looked so pretty in that candid picture! Like a real human with real beauty. I know many boys fall for those 'Instagram influencers' who cake their faces with makeup every day and pose for the camera for hours on end just to post one picture. And here she was, my sweet Kimora, laughing with no worries in that beautiful golden dress of hers, looking like an angel. 

I remember the moment when she asked me to help her wear her earrings on her birthday. Oh God, I was so flustered! She had dabbed a little lipgloss and some perfume, I think. Her curled hair cascaded down her shoulder. I was so nervous to move her hair to one side. It felt a little weird to stand that close to her, touching her earlobes. I just hoped she didn't notice my nervousness. I think she didn't.

That girl will never know how much I missed her presence in February and March. Her eyes. The sound of her laughter. She'll never know how I missed those small texts that she sent in February. How I waited for a message to pop up. But no! She never installed WhatsApp and Instagram again. And I waited and waited...

One day, I noticed her sitting on a chair with a table in front of her in the balcony of her house. It looked kinda funny to see her studying there but at least I could see her from my rooftop or my sister's bedroom. Perfect! I used to sit there after breakfast and would go back to my room to study after lunch. The sun felt warm and her face looked perfect. Angelic as always.

I couldn't wait to meet her. I am waiting eagerly for the board exams to get over and school to reopen, just to hear her voice again. Sometime back, before deactivating her Instagram account, she had posted a collaboration video. She and a male friend of hers, Larson, I think, had collaborated and recorded a video of them singing Memories by Maroon 5. I felt jealous when at first when I heard them sing together but then started to appreciate the melody that they created together.

It was when I saw that video and felt the pang of jealousy that I realised something. I had a crush on Kimora Rent.

I wrote this letter in half an hour

I wrote this letter in half an hour. Learn how to waste time from Vivaan! I then read it twice before shredding it in little pieces and throwing it away. I didn't want anyone to read it yet. I felt better now. I was about to start revising my chemistry chapter again when mom called me for lunch. I looked over to her balcony. Her dad tapped on her shoulder and said something. Kim nodded and collected her stuff to leave. I just smirked at this.

We are so similar, Kim. Will you ever fall for me as I have?