Chapter 26

Previously in LOVE ESCAPE - 

"AH! OUCH!" I fell on my butt as I crashed into something hard. When I looked up, I saw Vivaan standing over me.

"Are you okay?" he asked me as he pulled me up from the ground. I took his hand and got up.

"Yeah, uh, I... I..." Tears of relief started spilling down my cheeks. Thank God he was here! At least he would understand my fears.

"Shh... it's okay, I am here. You're safe with me, darling," he said as he engulfed me in his embrace, his sweat and sweet-but-not-quite scent infiltrating my olfactory sense. Mhmm... I like his scent and... DID HE JUST CALL ME DARLING?

I backed away from him for a second as I tried to look straight into his eyes. And I saw...

A/N : Bonus part for y'all! I decided to write THE KISS from Kimora's point of view as well because... why not? So read on, my friends!

KIMORA'S POV

...I saw those murderous eyes staring back at me. The ones which didn't hesitate to kill me just to get away with our car. 

I could feel my world collapse. They'll kill me! They never stopped hunting for me! They will take revenge for putting them in jail!

My mind was clogged with these thoughts. I was paranoid. He'll kill me!

And that is the last thing I remember before my mind blanked out.

***

When I regained consciousness, I felt wind sweeping across my face. What is - is someone fanning my face?

I slowly opened my eyes. My mind first registered Vivaan's worried face, then his shirt with which he was fanning me and then... OH MY GOD!... I felt myself take a sharp intake of breath as my eyes saw his naked torso!

HOLY FUCK HE LOOKS HOT HE LOOKS –

Vivaan coughed lightly to indicate that he had caught me checking me out. I felt myself blushing in embarrassment. In my defence, my eyes couldn't help looking at his shirtless body, especially since he was hot. Like, he wasn't one of those muscular dudes from the movies but those muscles were...

FOCUS! HE CAUGHT YOU STARING AND YOU'RE STILL STARING SOME MORE?

"I... I... what happened before?" I asked timidly. 

"You looked into my eyes and... and screamed loudly. And then you collapsed."

I imagined Vivaan to be those murderers? NO WAY! "I... I am sorry about that. It's just - "

" - you got reminded of some traumatic experience?"

"How did you know?" I asked, completely taken aback. Can he read my mind or something? Is he psychic?

"I figured it out. You were already pale and scared before you collided with me and then you collapsed so..."

"Yeah, I fear travelling alone in the dark, no matter where I am. It's just - "

" - linked to that night ? It's okay, you don't need to explain yourself. I am just grateful that you're safe," he said as he cupped my cheeks, sighing in relief.

"Were you scared?" I asked as our foreheads collided together. He shook his head no. Why is he pretending to be strong? I could literally see the tears glistening on his cheeks. I moved to wipe his tears away and then showed him my fingers to prove that he was crying. Must be one of those moments when you don't realise you were crying, right?